Popularity Filter Drift

I have to change mine twice as well, but I assumed it was because of the reboots of the site that has to be done with each bug correction.

If our popularity filter settings are stored in the database (along with the rest of our user info), I don't see how a reboot would affect that. Now if our popularity filter settings are stored in our session data, then yes, I can see how a reboot would affect that info.

Again ...

I login and my popularity filter is set to 80% again. (I always leave it at 100%).

Is this drift a bug? Or is it by design? Or is it related to the server reboots?

Curious so I don't have to bring it up again. Thanks.

I believe it has to do with the server reboots, as the default setting for premium members is 80%. I will soon program it so the session cookie is retained in the database for the popularity filter so it won't continue to happen. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Again ...

I login and my popularity filter is set to 80% again. (I always leave it at 100%).

Is this drift a bug? Or is it by design? Or is it related to the server reboots?

Curious so I don't have to bring it up again.  Thanks.

I believe it has to do with the server reboots, as the default setting for premium members is 80%. I will soon program it so the session cookie is retained in the database for the popularity filter so it won't continue to happen. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No rush. Easier to live with the hiccup now that I know what the problem is. Thanks for the answer, Boo.

Edited by dogbreathcanada

Sorry Bootron... but it is happening again.

I have had my Filters set to 100% so I can see everything... today, the filter drift started moving around again.

It stated at 70%

I put it back to 100%

Then within 5minutes it was at 80%

Then suddenly back to 70%

I have put it back to 100% again (I think maybe I did that 3 times in the last hour)

Sorry to have to bring it up again.

:ph34r: The Blue Quasar