Camo Ammo Boxes For Sale

I have purchased a large lot of Ammo Cans from a local auction and was Camo painting some for myself, but have WAY more than I will ever need personally.

I will clean them up and sell them to you if you are interested. 30 Cal or 50 Cal Boxes are available for 5.00 a piece[/b]. 3 colors, plus a sealer.

Cleaned and Unpainted, $4.00 a piece

You will pay actual shipping (no handling fee). I use US Postal Service, and will only ship these in the U.S.

See the shipping rate calculator here: USPS Postage Calculator

The 30 Cal Boxes will weigh 4' 14" and the 50s will weigh 6' 14".

Pics are below, of course the box you buy, will look similar to those pictured.

ammoboxes.jpg

ammo30.jpg

ammo50.jpg

Please contact me at knowles5150@yahoo.com.

I will accept cashier's check, Money Order, or Paypal (Credit Card Enabled).

Edited by knowles5150

knowles5150 profile says their location is Mount Olive IL, they also have a cache there. The usps.com website says the zip of mount olive is 62069.

sizes vary a little bit, but 30cals boxes are approx 10.5"x4"x7",and 50cal ~ 12x6x7

and the weight is given

The usps.com site also says:

Use “Package” when the length plus girth (the distance around the thickest part) of a package equals 84 inches or less. Most packages fit within this category.

If you are unsure of your package category, select “Large Package” on the first page of the rate calculator. You will be prompted to enter your package dimensions and the correct rate will be calculated.

Hope that helps

Usually postage makes buying ammo boxes threw the mail more expensive them local retailers.

Why not just put a "one page manuscript" in the ammo box, label it, and ship it "MEDIA MAIL" ..... which across the US is $1.42 at 1 lb. Yeah it will get some dents and dings .... but it just adds character. :ph34r: ImpalaBob

Interesting idea. Would you need to remove the handle and that loop thing on the end?? (So things hanging off doen't get caught on a machine or something?)

Why not just put a "one page manuscript" in the ammo box, label it, and ship it "MEDIA MAIL"  ..... which across the US is $1.42 at 1 lb.  Yeah it will get some dents and dings .... but it just adds character.  :unsure: ImpalaBob

Interesting idea. Would you need to remove the handle and that loop thing on the end?? (So things hanging off doen't get caught on a machine or something?)

Just wrap some packing tape around the can. So the handle is taped to the can.

If they will let you ship it that way I will buy a couple from you..

Why not just put a "one page manuscript" in the ammo box, label it, and ship it "MEDIA MAIL"  ..... which across the US is $1.42 at 1 lb.  Yeah it will get some dents and dings .... but it just adds character.  :ph34r: ImpalaBob

Uhmmm .... well, the first reason that comes to mind is: THAT WOULD BE CHEATING.

Media Mail class is NOT intended to be used for this type of purpose.

Geez oh pizza, the price this guy is offering is a very good deal and he's not even trying to jack up the profit by charging outrageous postage like some eBay folks do.

Next time someone whines about the cost of a first class stamp, remember one cause just might be guys with ideas like this who contribute to the problem.

Enjoy!

---Bindle Babe

Look, while the Media Mail thing sounds good, I really do not feel comfortable doing that. I actually do a lot of business on Ebay, which is why I go to a lot of auctions. The local Post Office is very good to me providing boxes, tape, packing material, etc. I really do not try to cheat them. If I lose some sales, thats life I guess but doesn't seem to be the case.

I bought a bunch of the boxes at an auction, and thought I would sell them to the community at a lower price than I could on Ebay because of thier fees, and pass on the savings.

I understand they are heavy, but I am not gonna gouge. I am sending three of them out east, and it is costing $11.77 for all 3 to ship Parcel Post, which is the highest I have seen thus far.

As an update. I do want to thank those who have bought. I have 2 50 cal and 4 30 cals left. I have already have orders for 8 of them.

Sorry anyone thinks I am CHEATING :) .... but this idea was reccomended to me by a friendly female Post Office employee! I never argue with a post office employee .... They might go postal on me. :D Pay what you want .... but I am looking for the cheapest way so I can buy better SWAG. I guess the local gov't is cheating because I pay over $3K per year in school taxes and have no kids. No offense taken ... I already have enough. I still remember nickle stamps and 35 cents/gal gas ..... I'm cheap and proud of it! :) ImpalaBob

Personally, I wouldn't consider anything that the Post Office lets you do to be cheating. Believe me, they have a bazillion rules and enforce every one to the letter. So if you can put a "manuscript" in a cache box and get it shipped cheaper, then why not? Its not like it will cost the Post Office money or anything. Who knows how or why they set their rates, but they set their rates, not us.

I'm not clear on the shipping.  I am East coast, zip code 21701.  For two of the 50 cal boxes I get $12.95 shipping.  How did you ship 3 for less than that?  I would like the two 50 cal boxes, but the shipping more than doubles the price.

WOW, you are right. The one with three was to a 10XXX or a 01XXX zip code if I recall.

Sorry anyone thinks I am CHEATING  ;)  .... but this idea was reccomended to me by a friendly female Post Office employee!  I never argue with a post office employee .... They might go postal on me. :lol: Pay what you want .... but I am looking for the cheapest way so I can buy better SWAG. I guess the local gov't is cheating because I pay over $3K per year in school taxes and have no kids. No offense taken ... I already have enough. I still remember nickle stamps and 35 cents/gal gas ..... I'm cheap and proud of it! ph34r.gif ImpalaBob

I respect your right to voice your opinion. Furthermore, I am fully in agreement with you about being frugal and won't even disagree with you in the matter of property tax payments for schools when a person has no children.

However, you and your "friendly female Post Office employee" will have to live with your conscience and the ultimate consequences of your choices.

Here is a link which will clearly demonstrate the regulation was NOT intended to be used in the manner you suggested. http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm/E713.htm

For myself ... I choose not to sell out my integrity. Following the intent of the regulation is the correct decision for me because "moral character" is an honorable concept in my home.

Enjoy!

---Bindle Babe

"Lead by example ... forge the future"

I don't mean to insult anyone, but applying "moral" values to the mail is pretty lame in my opinion. Acutally, I think it is very valid to get a paperback book from Goodwill for a quarter and put it inside the ammo can and ship it by Media Mail. The ammo can is your container, even if you put that inside another box. The PO does not give a D**M what the intent is and it meets the letter of the law. When it comes to interferring with your actions, the rules are applied without exception regardless of the intent of the law. So why should the "intent" be used against you when the letter of the law is on your side?

How is mailing a package according to the rules a moral issue??? :P