New Coin Collector Looking For Info

TeamZebra

OK.. I've been lurking around the forum (I have to agree with others.... looks like it's about time for Geocoins to have their own Category). I've ordered a few different coins when they've come up for availability... waiting on 8 to arrive as this is written. So far I have had 3 in my hand. Oooooh shiny things.... *drool*

I'm trying to pace myself, but I'm afraid of missing an "important" coin. I first told myself I"d only get gc.com trackable coins. Then I said only state coins of states I've cached in. Then it was going to be only states I've physically been in (all the lower 48! :laughing::lol: ) - until I bought 2 Alaska coins. OK... Just states though... Then I worked out a trade deal with pdxmarathonman for a coin I don't even have in hand yet. Hmmm OK.... no holds barred I guess.. just keep the prices reasonable.

But I do REALLY want to get the states I've cached in and a couple other important to me. However, I'm afraid I"ve missed them already... at least 2 of 'em.

My home state (Tennessee) is on order - awaiting arrival.

UTAH - a sort of temporary home and second largest cache find state has already been minted and sold out... is there any way I can still purchase one since I'm low on trade fodder at the moment??

COLORADO - a Favorite state to drive through.. also missed... same question as above

WYOMING - Has this one been done yet?? I thought I had found a thread for it, but am unclear if the coin has/is being made.

ILLINOIS - My birth state - Is there a coin yet?

FLORIDA - Hubby's birth state.. again, is there a coin??

CANADA (country-wide or perhaps just ONTARIO and QUEBEC) - Been there.. REALLY liked Ontario for it's super nice and helpful people. I have some canadian coins, but a Canadia GEOCOIN! Sweeet reminder of the trips I'm missing.

Any information is appreciated. And anybody willing to give up a spare coin for cash I have PayPal and would be happy to discuss an offer. (I have an ebay account, but I'm not into paying $30+ for a coin... if they start costing that much I'm out for good).

TeamZebra (The Queen Zebra - King Zebra hasn't quite caught the coin bug yet)

> My home state (Tennessee) is on order - awaiting arrival.

There's also "Geocachers of West Tennesse" or GOWT as usually stated on these forums

> FLORIDA - Hubby's birth state.. again, is there a coin??

Not sure that florida itself has one, but the GeoWoodstock III coins have an image of florida on the coin.

> CANADA

There are two Canadian geocoins that I know of, 1. http://www.geocoins.ca/ these can be ordered through their site, and 2. Calgary Cachers

I'm updating my trade list this evening, but I have an extra GOWT, Calgary Cachers, and Colorado. If people don't snag them, I'll see what I can do to accomodate you.

PM me your address -- I'll send you a Calgary and a Canada coin. I can't stand the idea of folks from ONTARIO being called nice and helpful when there are ALBERTA folks (via BC) in the forums!!!! :ph34r:

(of course, for all you also-wants -- I am only helpful ONCE -- so this is a one-time thing -- and I only have one Canada left anyways)

PM me your address -- I'll send you a Calgary and a Canada coin. I can't stand the idea of folks from ONTARIO being called nice and helpful when there are ALBERTA folks (via BC) in the forums!!!! :ph34r:

(of course, for all you also-wants -- I am only helpful ONCE -- so this is a one-time thing -- and I only have one Canada left anyways)

LOL... Thanks LFD, I'll send it to you.. I didn't mean to put down anybody from Alberta... just never been there. Didn't know it was a sore spot. :lol:

Hey! Did you get in on the order of the KTAG dog-tag geocoins?? I instantly thought of you (for some reason) when I saw that one. I'm not sure if I made it in time but I MIGHT have two of them headed my way. *keeping fingers crossed*