Any Exceptionnal Cache To Recommend?

slurpey

Hi. We are planning a trip from from Holland to the following rough route:

Alberta to British columbia

Waghinton state, Montana, Nevada, Utah, the ending up in San Francisco. All this over one month with a car.

That would probably turn me about 4000 caches possibilities... which is a bit overwhelming. I would love to hear recommendations for absolute "do not miss" cache if you know any!

Thanks

Slurpey.

One good place to look is the pinned thread above on bookmarks. Several of us have put together favorites lists that are there for sharing. I also have a bookmarked list of Washington State Geocaching Association Cache of the Month nominees. There are some really great caches on that list. I will be adding to that list early next week with the August nominees. Feel free to ask, either here or via email, about any caches in the area.

Have a great trip and let us know when you will be here. Several of us are more than willing to join you for a group hunt.

Edit because I can't read and to note that you don't mention the state of Oregon. The coastal area of Oregon have several great caches due to the views. This is an area you should not miss.

Edited by WeightMan

While there many, many fine and unforgettable caches in WA, there are two areas that have been long established as must-dos for visitors.

One is Deception Pass/Whidbey Island where you won't want to miss Light House Point, Ebey Bkuffs, and The Path of the Watchers.

The other is the Snoqualmie Tunnel. Start at Iron Horse (East) and take a walk through a 2.3 mile long rail tunnel that has been converted to a trail. Inside the tunnel you can get Bloody Fingers, Dirty Diapers and then get Iron Horse after you emerge. Continue a little bit farther to the Project APE Cache to get a new icon for your profile.

While there many, many fine and unforgettable caches in WA, there are two areas that have been long established as must-dos for visitors. 

One is Deception Pass/Whidbey Island where you won't want to miss Light House Point, Ebey Bkuffs, and The Path of the Watchers.

The other is the Snoqualmie Tunnel.  Start at Iron Horse (East) and take a walk through a 2.3 mile long rail tunnel that has been converted to a trail.  Inside the tunnel you can get Bloody Fingers, Dirty Diapers and then get Iron Horse after you emerge.  Continue a little bit farther to the Project APE Cache to get a new icon for your profile.

If the trip timing and weather were right I'd be willing to bring the boat up for a shot at No Deceipt Kayakers' Cache Which could be done in conjunction with the other 3 unforgetable Whidbey Island caches.

Truely this is one sits near the top of my short list.

Edited by CENT5

Cut bank has some nice riverside caches that I planted. highway 2 runs right through the city.

I've got some mountain caches in Washington, but they require some significant effort to get to.

Can't go wrong with those EraSeek caches mentioned above!

Edit: Oh yes...don't forget Inmywood's Welcome to Marysville that I helped to plant and we have a very nice cache out at Kayak point. Kayak Point overlook.

Edited by evergreenhiker!