Three seperate issues in this.

1) When I was trying out the origins filter, I had some trouble so decided to go back to "home" and start over.

From home, clicking on directory, I got this:

(Page says Waymark directory, waymark category search, filter saved by coordinate: things)

instead of the directory listing all 3 basic categories.

2) When Im at that page

then I click on directory, nothing changes. (I reported this trouble the other day.)

3) I also cant get the origins filter to filter out for me any other category other than things. I know there is a nearby waymark for places, but the search refuses to show it to me. I can get it to show "places", but it tells me there is no waymarks under it. I put one there, so I know there is one.

In trying several times, the waymark under places finally came up. When I repeated exactly what I did, it failed to come up again.

Edited by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

1) When I was trying out the origins filter, I had some trouble so decided to go back to "home" and start over.

(Page says Waymark directory, waymark category search, filter saved by coordinate: things)

2) When Im at that page

then I click on directory, nothing changes. (I reported this trouble the other day.)

3) I also cant get the origins filter to filter out for me any other category other than things. I know there is a nearby waymark for places, but the search refuses to show it to me. I can get it to show "places", but it tells me there is no waymarks under it. I put one there, so I know there is one.

In trying several times, the waymark under places finally came up. When I repeated exactly what I did, it failed to come up again.

The home link is definitely broken on that page. I'll fix it today.

As for the problems with your origin search, are you sure that there are waymarks within 10 miles of the origin? That's what the location filter does. It only finds the stuff in your immediate area.

2) When Im at that page

Ok, I think I've figured it out. The location filter is treating inactive waymarks as if they are active, and the directory is showing that there's a waymark in a category though you can't get to it. Does that sound like the problem?

Im sure there is a waymark within 10 miles, I placed one myself. It is not waiting for approval or denied, or temporarily disabled. The waymark is about 7 miles away. Within range.

The bug I spoke of is fixed now. The reason you can't see the waymark you are asking about is because it's listed as "inactive". If you make it active, you should be able to see it now.

Still not showing up. The filter is at 100%. The waymark is less than 10 miles away. The waymark is active. The waymark is Desert Botanical Gardens, and my origins is not my home coordinates, but the second to last origins I listed, 'coincidentally' the coordinates of a cache, Big Blue Box.

I added closer origins, and it showed up. Still, it was within range before, I checked it against caches on gc.com. And it showed up sometimes, but more often didnt show up.

Edited by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking
Still not showing up. The filter is at 100%. The waymark is less than 10 miles away. The waymark is active. The waymark is Desert Botanical Gardens, and my origins is not my home coordinates, but the second to last origins I listed, 'coincidentally' the coordinates of a cache, Big Blue Box.

I added closer origins, and it showed up. Still, it was within range before, I checked it against caches on gc.com. And it showed up sometimes, but more often didnt show up.

ok, I'll give it another look tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok, found and eliminated the bug. However, I will not be able to update the site until Monday.