Linked Cache Series Ideas

Hi,

I'm fairly new to geocaching, and I'm about to bite the bulllet and start hiding a few caches (look out for my first sometime soon!) after I've got a bit of hiding experience under my belt I thought it'd be neat to work on a linked series. Has anyone any ideas on a theme for a series? I had thought of doing one based on Monopoly, though that may not work out, as I'm based in Shropshire, not London <_<

Shrimphead

Now that would give away all our ideas!

I would complete the three series caches you have already started before venturing out with your own.

But here is an idea, delve into to the prog rock archives of the late 60s/early70s or even folk music and there are themes in there that can generate series caches by the multitude.

Tam Lin (trad) Fairport Convention et al might be a good starting point.

Tam Lin (trad) Fairport Convention et al might be a good starting point.

Now that's obscure! so, if you make a mistake in your hunt you have to go and live with the faeries forever then? Nice, and will the cache be shape changing as you cling onto it?

How about a nice Hip Hop themed series, so all the old fogies will be completely at a loss? ;)

How about a nice Hip Hop themed series, so all the old fogies will be completely at a loss? ;)

Yeah, I was just thinking that the "prog rock" thing would tend to confirm the Geocaching demographic (males in their 40s like, erm, me).

Of course one problem with a hip-hop theme would be making it "family friendly". Could one get away with a screen name of Martha Farquhar ?

How about a Gong-themed series where you have to smoke another joint each time you find a cache! By the time you've got the last one you'll be convinced you flew to it with the help of the pixies! ;)

Gong wow not heard that name for a while lets dust off Angels Egg and Zero the Hero and of course the best song title in the world ever.

"A group of small furry creatures gathered in a forest clearing at midnight"

now that's a cache name to go for ;)

you aren't thinking of "Several Species Of Small Furry Creatures Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict' by Pink Floyd are you?

Now how could i forget about that one ;)

No its a 5 second song on one of the Gong albums hence you never find it in the lists of tracks.

Allthough it is a close second

Radio Gnome anyone ;)

if your interested in developing the Monopoly theme, there is a Birmingham Monopoly board, I can take a piccie of it or list the places if your interested.

Or you could make your own up, for Telford.

A pub crawl cache might me a good one. perhaps you have to attach a beer mat from the closest pub to your cache log.

it's OK, Taz, I wasn't thinking of actually putting it in streets, Monopoly is just a neat way to set up a series with a hiararchy, like there is with MarkB's Alchemy Series and Team Maddie UK's Zodiac Series.

I thought something like having groups of them based around the property colours (light blue, green, etc) with two of them being micros containing half the coordinates for the third (Euston Road and The Angel Islington having the coordinates for Pentonville Road, something like that). You could then have the second-level caches pointing towards the Train Stations, and then up to Go. It'd be a hell of a lot of caches, so I'd probably do a load of them as micros.

This isn't for ages, though, I need to get some normal hiding done first, I'm just kicking ideas around.

Shrimphead