Everything's Fine

Joypa

As a realtor, do you find it hard to resist the urge to to show clients houses only because they are in proximity to a cache you have not yet logged?

:rolleyes:

"Now, feel free to check out the house, upstairs and around the back yard. Don't forget the jacuzzi tub in the master bath! I'll be back in about five minutes. I just need to call the office and my cell phone is getting bad reception right here Ok? Great!"

As a realtor, do you find it hard to resist the urge to to show clients houses only because they are in proximity to a cache you have not yet logged?

:P

"Now, feel free to check out the house, upstairs and around the back yard. Don't forget the jacuzzi tub in the master bath! I'll be back in about five minutes. I just need to call the office and my cell phone is getting bad reception right here Ok? Great!"

Hmm, that's a good idea but here in Florida, it is so hot, I don't think I'd appeal to any buyers after scrounging around in the woods for a few minutes :rolleyes:

I took the tram from Palm Springs up to Mt. San Jacinto to get the virtual at the peak. Unfortunatley the wilderness was closed due to a forest fire that had just started :laughing: . I was able to get 4 caches and save 2 bugs before the California State Park Rangers evacuated us from the park because the fire. I hope the bug I couldn't get to turns out fine. :cry: . The fire seemed far away, but because of the terrain it didn't look like it would be contained anytime soon.

I even got some coordinates to place another earthcache. (You can always find all the earthcaches at the Earthcache Site.)

Since we got kicked out, it just means we'll have to go back another day to get the caches we missed :cry:, even if it means another long drive and forking over a large bunch of cash to take the tram up. The beauty of the place and 20 degree cooler weather is worth it. It was 110 down in Palm Springs.

I'm feeling good I got those bugs. The fire has continued to spread and is only 10% contained.

57758706-3c3b-4398-9afa-4cd7a7f9bcc7.jpg

This is the road leading up the the tramway to the caches. The caches are actually a ways away, but who knows where the fire's going from here.

Edit: photo credit : The Desert Sun, Palm Springs, CA

Edited by TerryDad2
I revisited two caches this morning. One was to pick up a travel bug that is owned by a nice family we met while vacationing in Pennsylvania. The other was so that my son could "climb a mountain". Now there is a deluge outside. I'm so close yet so far from find #300.

I got #300 last Sunday. It was extra special beause it was a friend of mine and a hard puzzle cache. A good milestone cache.