New 60c On Amazon For $250!

BoomerFZ1

Glad I decided to play the skeptic, and sorry to hear it didn't work out for Neo Geo, et al. But this goes to show that Amazon's system of shutting down bad sellers and taking care of customers seems to work. BTW, I had a good experience with Amazon when I bought an SD card and they lowered its price by $10 two days after my order shipped. I contacted them and they agreed to credit me $10 on my credit card. So if they drop a price right after you purchase, try contacting them.

. . .

I might have to starve my 2-year-old daughter for a month or two until the credit is issued back on my credit card, but no real inconvenience to me :P

. . .

I've had some problems in the past and I just called my credit card company. They immediately put that amount into "dispute" and I did not have to pay the amount, or have it acrue finance charges until the actual credit came through.

I would call your Credit Card company and give them a heads up on that particular item.

(and I am going to do the same, since my card has already been charged for this item, even though it has not been shipped yet. That is something a reputable business would not do . . . )

If the following information is not allowed here please remove.(All public info if you know where to look!!)

'Darklord115' is Dan & Rick Chapman, PO Box 2055, Kansas City, KS 66110. Ph. 913-980-9712.

I called and of course no one answered but I left a message, so I am intereted if I get a reply call back. I doubt it but if I am ever in this area i will be sure to do a phone number lookup and will be making a visit.

Edited by "CacheCllctrz"
If the following information is not allowed here please remove.(All public info if you know where to look!!)

'Darklord115' is Dan & Rick Chapman, PO Box 2055, Kansas City, KS 66110. Ph. 913-980-9712.

I called and of course no one answered but I left a message, so I am intereted if I get a reply call back. I doubt it but if I am ever in this area i will be sure to do a phone number lookup and will be making a visit.

You also get the option to send a numeric page when calling the phone number. I recommend leaving a message AND sending a page :laughing:

I think I'll stay up VERY LATE tonight and send some pages at 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, etc. until my fingers get tired ;)

How did you get the name, addy and phone number of the individuals?

Google has a way of turning up these kinds of information http://www.google.com/search?q=DARKLORD%40kc.rr.com .

In addition if you were willing to spend $15, you could get a street address from a site like this one: http://find.intelius.com/search-name.php?searchform=phone . However you should really-really leave all this to Amazon and your credit card company and stop playing PI. Hardly any good could conceivably come from trying to serve "garage justice".

Edited by kerecsen

Nope, looks like we will have to file a claim once the time period has passed. Seems like amazon has been refunding the money back to people who have ordered from darklord. BTW if you search the net you can find the garmin gpsmap60c for $299.99 and they let you break it up into three installmaents if you use a credit card, and it is a reputable company that has a tv show that sells merchandise.

Holding out hope that I might still get mine before September 20th. :D

Maybe the guy's on the up-and-up and had a medical emergency or something... Y' never know... :D

I'm in line with Neo_Geo. Holding onto hope as well. And my date for action is the same, the 20th. Heck, I talked a couple buddies into this deal, too.

For what it's worth, Amazon stands behind their guarantee. I have bought CDs from the Amazon Marketplace, and only once was there an issue. After contacting the seller a couple of times (and saving the emails: in e-commerce, as in any commerce, it's wise to keep a paper/digital trail) I contacted Amazon via their convenient Amazon Guarantee link and, within one or, at the most 2 (I can't recall now) billing cycles, the entire amount of the purchase was credited to my credit card.

I have absolutely no compunctions from ordering online from reputable sources, provided that there is a safety net of some type.

Don't hesitate to pursue your options if you think you're not going to receive your merchandise.

Edited by jacques0
BTW if you search the net you can find the garmin gpsmap60c for $299.99 and they let you break it up into three installmaents if you use a credit card, and it is a reputable company that has a tv show that sells merchandise.

What company would this be? I've used Bizrate and Shopzilla and can't seem to find it.

Ok I am hesitant to post this after what just happened but for you thrill seekers like me ( yes I ordered one and they now have 14 left) I ordered one and then called customer service to see if I could get overnight shipping. She said they couldnt do it because the item was being dropshipped from a vendor. So my first thoughts were darklord. So being the careful person I am, I asked the rep who the vendor was and she said hold on while I look it up and while I was waiting for a reply, which I just knew I was going to hear that name. She said the gps is shipping from Garmin. I asked again, so this gps is shipping straight from Garmin and she replied yes. So take it for what its worth. I guess if you cant trust a TV station that has a show that sells merchandise and the company who makes them doing the shipping, who can ya trust? So with that being said the link is below and remember they only have 14 left!!

https://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=V...=1&track=-20101

well, not quite sold out, apparently: I just ordered one, they charged my credit card for one-third the price (cost spread out over three months option) and it said they have five left.

I was just about to order a 60cs for $349 (several reputable places have them for that price, if you Froogle for it; Costco has it for $355.) but then I thought I'd save the fifty bucks and get a 60c, since I don't need the compass/altimeter.

delivery of this 60c from the NBC site is supposedly Sept 23rd. we'll see.

thanks to all of you out there who post these good deals when you see them; it's up to the reader to make the necessary level-of-risk judgements.

now where's a good deal on a car kit for this baby? I need the CitySelect software from that car kit.

If you are still looking, I can verify www.GPSCity.com does in fact ship the product to you after you buy. Their current price is 397.95 with an $8 shipping charg. If you get the tab over 400 (like buying a lanyard or map cd, shipping is free. I have bought from them twice. Good luck with ShopNBC, after reading this thread, I won't buy from them.

On a not so side note, Amazon did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. They were selling the 60C for $315.00. Apparently when demand picked up, they raised the price to $379.00. Then they lowered the price to $349.

I contacted them and they stated that the price increase was due to a price raise by their supplier, Garmin. In my opinion they just decided to charge more on what they perceived as a hot item.

No problem, I can be more patient than they can. I only need to buy one GPSr to make me happy. They need to sell many to make money.

The prices went up, and they'll come back down. Until then I'll muddle through with the sickly sportrak map paperweight/GPSr.

No problem, I can be more patient than they can. I only need to buy one GPSr to make me happy. They need to sell many to make money.

The prices went up, and they'll come back down. Until then I'll muddle through with the sickly sportrak map paperweight/GPSr.

I'm cheap, and my patience usually pays off. Who knows, when the next greatest thing comes out we might be able to get the 60C for $200. To be quite honest, I'm not sure what Garmin/Magellan/Lowrance can add to a GPSr to justify higher costs now besides memory, and Magellan/Lowrance already have that one licked thanks to SD cards. The GPSmap 60/C/CS line does pretty much everything one could want. BTW, shame on shopNBC for raising the price 50%!

I think the next big jump will be a tie-in with XM satellite service to bring local weather and traffic displayed on your map screen. They're already doing it with AVIATION units and AUTOMOTIVE units. But at $100.00 A MONTH, I wouldn't be jumping on the bandwagon very soon.

The $100 a month is for all kinds of additional services. I have an XM radio in my car, and for $9.95 a month (old service plan, I think it's gone up a buck or three) I get local traffic, plus local weather, every baseball game that gets played in pro ball (go Mets! What can I say, I need the aggravation) and much more.

The stuff on that website is way over and above what I need. I guess if I was a pilot it would be helpful, but then if I was a corporate pilot I wouldn't be worrying about $100 a month either.

BTW, Sirius radio is good too. Had that on a rental car, that's what got me hooked. Ended up with XM because that's what BestBuy had the day I went. :laughing:

Holding out hope that I might still get mine before September 20th.  :)

Maybe the guy's on the up-and-up and had a medical emergency or something...  Y' never know...  :laughing:

I'm in line with Neo_Geo. Holding onto hope as well. And my date for action is the same, the 20th. Heck, I talked a couple buddies into this deal, too.

Well, my deadline date to receive my $250 60C thru Amazon (really Darklord115) has passed with no unit and never any replies to my email to the seller. I just asked for my refund. I'm quite disappointed. I don't blame Amazon.com, and felt it was worth a chance. Alas, live and learn. Darn.

Well i got my gps from ShopNBC and it was wrong!!! They sent me a gpsmap 60. So after one phone call to customer support, (Very polite and helpful by the way) I was instructed to return the gps and they will send out the right one. But wait, for my troubles they upgraded my gps to a gpsmap 60cs. They asked if this would cover the inconvenience and i said it sure would. So now I await as I check fed ex every five minutes to see that it is still enroute. But i don't mind the wait since I am now getting a 60 CS.

I got taken too! Oh well.. Filed a claim for refund with Amazon.Com and reported Darklord115 to Better Business Bureau.

Bought GPS Maps 60CS on Ebay for $350 and I love it! Need to buy CitySelect though to take full advantage of it and use it for paperless geocaching.

Would be nicer if it could hold more than 1000 waypoints... and if waypoints can be stored in databases for cities for those of us who travel around..

:ph34r:

Just wanted to say I received my notice that Amazon.com has OK'd my refund from the sour deal thru Darklord115. So to all who took a chance and got burned not to worry, your refund will be coming. It took about 2 weeks for it to finalize after receiving the response from Amazon.

Here is what it said in part;

This notice serves as confirmation that we have processed your claim

and have issued a refund in the amount of [$255.44] for the following

item: "Refund for Garmin GPSMap 60C 56 MB GPS with 256-Color TFT Display

[Electronics]"