# Of Finds

I was looking at my find count the other day and am nearing the 50 mark. Then it dawned on me that the TB I found is counted as a cache find. This struck me odd. I'm not saying this shouldn't be necessarily. But to me that isn't a cache find. It was there IN a cache, I grabbed it.

I just seems to me like they should almost be a separate count. Once you get into higher numbers that could throw things off quite a bit.

Not that I'm really much intot the numbers mind you, but still it's fun to hit certain landmarks (e.g. when I hit 100). But when that happens my count will be higher by the number of other items I've found along the way.

Thoughts? I'm just pondering.

Actually wacka has it a little bit backwards. The * is after your cache categories which do count in your find total.

Now some people will tell you that the numbers do not matter; maybe for them it does not. But many people, myself included feel it is all about the numbers:

• the number of great places you will discover because somone put a cache there
  • the number of great people you will meet along the way
  • the number of positive experiences that you will have because you went out geocaching.

Those are the numbers that truly matter. The others are just fun to look at.

oooh shiny! <_<

Edited by wimseyguy

Ok. So I have a new question, while we're on the subject:

Did tb's, benchmarks, etc, used to count as finds in your grand total? I have some recollection that they used to count, but stopped at some point, but I wasn't paying attention enough to remember clearly.

Did tb's, benchmarks, etc, used to count as finds in your grand total? I have some recollection that they used to count, but stopped at some point, but I wasn't paying attention enough to remember clearly.

Nope...they never did.

And yep, it is Friday. :laughing:

Bret

Nope...they never did.

And yep, it is Friday. :cry:

Bret

:laughing::cry:

Nope...they never did.

And yep, it is Friday. :cry:

Bret

Whoa. Friday.

Dude!

Like, excellent. :laughing: