Pqs

wildearth2001

I just became a Premium Member.

Is there a way to update a PQ only when needed (like a button to click to rerun it now)?

I dont need my PQs sent to me even once a week as I dont go caching THAT often but I would like to be able to have it updated right before (like the day before) I leave to go on a long cache run.

Thanks

Sure. You can create the PQ but not select any days to run it on. Then when you need it, check the appropriate day from the screen. After it has run uncheck it, and it will not run until you re-check the box. At the present the unchecking after running is being done automatically as an emergency measure to reduce the load on the PQ server.

I think it would be better if a more obvious method of doing this was in place.

I usually just need a push button to send me the current PQ and load it on my PDA. I don't need it sent periodically.

Its a little more painful to setup a day, and then hope its going to come.

I think it would be better if a more obvious method of doing this was in place.

I usually just need a push button to send me the current PQ and load it on my PDA. I don't need it sent periodically.

Its a little more painful to setup a day, and then hope its going to come.

I don't see what's difficult to understand. I have several queries set up. When I know I'm going to go to a particular area, and it's Friday, I go to the PQ screen, and put a check in the 'Friday' column of the query or queries I want. Then the system sends them to me that day.

I suppose there could be a 'run now' button beside each query, but this serves the same purpose.

Sure. You can create the PQ but not select any days to run it on. Then when you need it, check the appropriate day from the screen. After it has run uncheck it, and it will not run until you re-check the box. At the present the unchecking after running is being done automatically as an emergency measure to reduce the load on the PQ server.

:laughing: In all this time, I don't know why I never thought of that! I've been one of those people who have a query running every day of caches in my area "so I have the latest info when I'm ready to go". Now...I have a couple weeklies that run to keep me updated on things I need to monitor, and I run the "big one" when I'm ready to hit the trail!

Thanks, Compass! You've cured me of my PQ addiction! :lol: