Tomie Peak

LandRover

Hey LR- I miss you guys! I don't have any plans yet for that weekend- but I also want to do the Lime Kiln series sometime soon. What do you have in mind?

The goal for the day is Tolmie Peak but there are several others in the area depending on time restraints. Three others that are high on the list are Melmont, Is Anybody Home? and Carabiner Camp Out . Melmont is an abandoned mining town which sounds like a lot of fun. I too have the Lime Kiln series on my list but the north side of Mt. Rainer is a closer to home. Also on my list to do is the Monte Cristo caches but they are farther north than I want to go right now with the upcoming cache machine and going to Wenatchee this past week end. Peek-a-Boo is also on the list but I have a feeling after a 7 mile hike plus what ever other caches are done I will be too tired to even think about it.

Hey LR- I miss you guys! I don't have any plans yet for that weekend- but I also want to do the Lime Kiln series sometime soon. What do you have in mind?

Hey LB,

You missed a nice drive to Tronson Ridge Saturday.

LR - I think a 7.2 mile RT is a little beyond us at this time, bummer I would have loved to tag along.

Rec

Hey LB,

You missed a nice drive to Tronson Ridge Saturday.

LR - I think a 7.2 mile RT is a little beyond us at this time, bummer I would have loved to tag along.

Rec

Hey Ed,

How are your scrapes and bruises coming along? Hope they wern't too bad and they're getting better real quick.

Depending on elevation change Tolmie Peak could be on the edge of my comfort range but that's the way I like it. The week before the campout we did the Iron Hores along the west side of Keechelus Lake and that 7 miles was a breeze, but back in May when we did the Boulder River I was really pushing it near the end with all of the elevation change on that one.

The scrapes, bruises, and ankle are quite colorful right now but healing nicely. I mentioned this trip to T2A and she is interested, like she says we could always turn back early. She thinks it would be a good way to work ourselves up to longer hikes so we may still show up or caching somewhere up North, whose to say.

After doing a little research T2A and I may be doing the Lime Kiln caches instead, might even convince the daughter to join us. Anyone else interested in a nice leisurely hike and picking up 5 or more caches?

Grossi and I did Lime Kiln about a month ago. It's a real nice walk. It didn't take as long to do as we thought it would.

We filled the rest of the day with nearby caches in the area.

Ms. Wienerdog

After doing a little research T2A and I may be doing the Lime Kiln caches instead, might even convince the daughter to join us. Anyone else interested in a nice leisurely hike and picking up 5 or more caches?

The only problem with that for me is...it's still a 7 mile walk.

This series has also been on my list since it came out, but I just don't want to put my foot to that much chance of another blister yet. :o

Guess I'll have to pass on this one as well... :huh:

I understand completely and to tell the truth I doubt my knee will be up to the entire 7 mile hike either. I'm just walking till it gets close to unbearable then I'm turning around. T2A & Hearsawho can finish it if they want without me. :rolleyes:

Hey buddy, I know how you feel. My knee is going through weirdness lately too. I'm dying to do a bit of higher alititude hiking, but the knee is weak and I am using a brace at times. Doc thinks its arthritis but I'm thinking more in the terms of scar tissue and tendonitis from the operation. Who knows. Also not sure how permenant a problem it may be.

Might just be time to drop me off at the trailhead and point me uphill.

Well I did a little caching Saturday, by Sunday my knee had flared up and the ankle injury from the WSGA Campout joined in. I'm thinking I am not ready for any extended hikes for the next few weeks. <sigh>

Landrover we missed you this weekend, we were driving up bumpy, dusty DNR roads and missed having you blazing a trail in front of us, and us eating your dust for miles :ph34r:

We did GCMWA3 "here" great views and paragliders and me without my camera. Doh!

Hey who hijacked my thread???? :ph34r:

Well I'm still looking for company for my hike to Tolmie Peak. I'll take a shower before going, I promise.

I placed a cache on top of a 1600' hill this weekend while visiting the in-laws in Ryderwood. I was suprised how well I did on the 4.5 mile 1300' elevation gain (one way) on this one. So Tolmie Peak should not be as bad as I was anticipating.

I think I'm there! :D As long as you don't back the Land Rover up to any cliffs... :ph34r:

When/where do you want to meet?

No cliffs I promise, there should be no need for any off roading :lol: .

I was thinking Saturday morning trying hit the road to Mowich Lake by 0800 but that is not set in stone if you wnat to meet up a little later or earlier that would be fine also. We could meet up some where in the Auburn Valley, there is a small P-n-R at Hwy 18 & Hwy 167. Let me know I'm flexible.

Ok- sounds good- if we meet at the P&R what time do you think I should be there?

My opinion is the earlier the better but since you have to make the longer drive to meet up I will let you tell me what time is good for you. I figure it will take 1 to 1.5 hours to get to the trail head from the P-n-R

Coordinates for the P-n-R are N 47.18.135, W122.15.460

If I thought I could be back in Kent by 4:00, I'd so be there! 

I miss ya, PP! :P Repeat after me- the kids are going back to school soon and we're gonna go caching, the kids are going back to school soon and we're gonna go caching! :P Yippee!

(noticing PP has more posts than me- Must...Start...Posting...More!)

LOL! :P

I figure that it will be at least 8-9 hours P-n-R to P-n-R if we stick to the main objectives listed earlier in the thread. Straight driving time is about 3 hours and about 10 miles worth of walking + finding caches, sight seeing & lunch could easily be 5-6 hours maybe a little less or a little more. But if we decide to do a few more caches that are in the area or along the route that could add attitional time too. If you have time constraints just let me know and we can adjust accordingly.

One other that I would really like to do on the way back is

The Battle of Connells Prairie but that should be a quick park and grab and is not too far off the main hwy.

I'm thinking I might be able to join you guys.  When do you estimate being at the trailhead?  Better yet, when will you be cruising through the town of Buckley?  Maybe you'all can pick me up at , say, First City Want Ads?

Let me know.

We should be heading through Buckley between 0815 & 0830.

Let me know.

I will check my email & forum just before I leave (about 0700)

Jeff-

Andrew- I will call you in the morn- I can pick you up on the way if you'd like- otherwise I will be taking the back roads. I will be leaving here at 6:30. Sorry- I just got home and didn't see the earlier posts. Allanon- I think I managed to do the route file LR sent (yeah, yeah, with Tom's help :laughing: ). Ok, gonna try to pack some things now- see you guys tomorrow!