Redirection To Yahoo Mail

reveritt

First thing I would try is a restart, and if this behavior persists, I'd start making REAL good friends with every virus/spyware/adware scanner you can get your hands on. Behavior like that ain't natural for computers, and is likely the result of some bad voodoo.

Oh, running IE 6.0.26 on WinXP machine.

On a side note, download firefox as a backup browser. I personally still prefer IE, but do like the option of a 'backup'.

I had the same thing this evening. I was trying to click thru from a GC.com email to remove from my watch list, and it kept going to Yahoo. I went through and uninstalled everything to do with YAHOO from my add remove programs menu, and everything is now fine.

This evening, roughly half the links I click in this site result in my browser being redirected to the signup page for Yahoo Mail.

I'm not seeing the Yahoo issue, but I do seem to be having another problem. Roughly half the links I click in this site result in my browser being redirected to discussions filled with meaningless drivel or petty arguments!

:laughing:

I corrected the problem.  I selected Tools-->Manage Add-ons and disabled the two Yahoo add-ons (which I do not remember ever loadinng).  Both are contained in ycomp5_5_5_0.dll.

Here is some info on determing if ycomp5_5_5_0.dll is real or a virus, worm, trojan, spyware, adware, etc.

Looks like Micro$oft left open a hole that you could drive a circus caravan through.

BHO's are ... identified by the firewall as your browser itself

OUCH!