Kilted Cacher's New Coin

Kilted Cacher

Here's my coin design going into production. This coin will be able to be tracked on geocaching.com just like other trackable coins on gc.com (i.e. Moun10Bike, Colorado, Michigan, Geobash, GWIII, etc). The prefix for this coin will be PC, which stands for Personal Coin. When I get the coins in, I will accept offers for trade, but please wait until I have the coins in hand, which may be in mid-September.

kccoin.JPG

Here's my coin design going into production. This coin will be able to be tracked on geocaching.com just like other trackable coins on gc.com (i.e. Moun10Bike, Colorado, Michigan, Geobash, GWIII, etc). The prefix for this coin will be PC, which stands for Personal Coin. When I get the coins in, I will accept offers for trade, but please wait until I have the coins in hand, which may be in mid-September.

kccoin.JPG

Trades only? No sales?

Hmmm, What is worn under a kilt?

1) Socks and shoes.

2) Nothing is worn under the kilt. It is all in perfect working order.

3) Talcum powder.

4) A matching set!

5) I never answer that question on a first date.

I could go on and on and on.....

No sales at this time, though I won't be able to stop someone from putting it on eBay :mad: . I will be trading for other personal coins mostly, or anything I don't already have.

Does anyone think that if I offer some for sale (at cost, no profit), there would be any interest? Just checking to see what my options are. I don't really know if selling a personal coin is taboo or not. Reason is, I thought about ordering 300 coins instead of 100, which would lower the cost of each coin. I could sell 200 coins at cost and then the original 100 coins I wanted would be at least $1.00 cheaper per coin. This way I am not payment as much out of pocket for the 100 coins I plan on trading. Is this making any sense??

Edited by Kilted Cacher
Does anyone think that if I offer some for sale (at cost, no profit), there would be any interest? Just checking to see what my options are. I don't really know if selling a personal coin is taboo or not. Reason is, I thought about ordering 300 coins instead of 100, which would lower the cost of each coin. I could sell 200 coins at cost and then the original 100 coins I wanted would be at least $1.00 cheaper per coin. This way I am not payment as much out of pocket for the 100 coins I plan on trading. Is this making any sense??

I would expect that your 100 coins would last you a lot longer too if your plan is to trade them.

1) You'd have fewer possible trading partners since many would have purchased your coins.

2) It would be more difficult to make trades with people like me that also have their own coin, by using your coin as trading collateral, since someone else may have already traded one with me.

I think it would be wonderful if you did that, and I'm sure you would get a good response. Silvermarc recently did it and I believe he sold most, if not all, of his run by the time they were shipped to him. I think it's great for the newbies and the people who have nothing to trade. Maybe Silvermarc or some of the others who have or are in the process of minting personal coins can provide some input?

Also, if you increased your run and offered them for sale, many people (myself included) would buy multiples. I think you'd be surprised how quickly they would go.

Please sell them. Or at least sell one to me. Even at premium over your cost. I really want a GC.com trackable coin that will give a new icon for your stats page that I can use as activated coin for Meet and Greet at Geocaching events. Especially since I want to have "Icon Hunters" local breakfast and need all the coins that give special icons.

New collectors dont have much to trade except anything you can currently buy. My "inventory" is just 2005 USA, Canada,MIGO, Texas, and Alaska. I think interest will be high for your coin (besides being very nice design) because it is GC.com trackable--not many can say that.

1) Socks and shoes.

3) Talcum powder.

4) A matching set!

No sales at this time, though I won't be able to stop someone from putting it on eBay :anitongue: . I will be trading for other personal coins mostly, or anything I don't already have.

How do you tell what Clan a Scotsman is from?

1) Socks and shoes.

3) Talcum powder.

4) A matching set!

No sales at this time, though I won't be able to stop someone from putting it on eBay  :anitongue: . I will be trading for other personal coins mostly, or anything I don't already have.

How do you tell what Clan a Scotsman is from?

You lift his Kilt, If you see a Quarter pounder, he's a McDonald

My problem is that if I offer to sell some, then I lose the ability to trade for coins I don't have. The original intent was to have a personal coin to trade with others so that I can add to my collection. Making money or getting my coin out in the geo-world was and is not my intention. If you don't have coins to trade yet, don't fret. After I have set up for trades, I will take inventory and sell some of what I have left. Not sure how many I will have at this point.

Alright here we go:

If you would like to trade for one of my coins when they come in, you can send an email with your coin offered and your address here: kiltedcacher@gmail.com

To see what coins I already have, you can see my coin list here: Coin List

Please no request for purchase just yet, I am trying to figure out the trades first. Thanks.

Edited by Kilted Cacher