Have You Seen This :(

I am convinced that I will be eaten by some large and ferocious carnivore because I lack the appropriate fear of them. Sure I have respect for bears and sharks, but am known to go out of my way to see one.  :mad:

It's a good thing I cache with my husband, who is the voice of reason.

that's alright...I tried to pick up a snake this weekend, and almost got bit for it. I know the "know no fear" attitude towards animals, and I think it will be my downfall, too.....

Edited by 4leafclover
Considering how many people geocache, it would be surprising if this was an isolated incident. I wonder how many people have died in their automobile while driving to or from a crache site?

My guess: there has been more than one person who has died while geocaching. ;):laughing:

I'm sure you are correct.

There is an Idaho cacher who hit a cow while out caching. It is some great reading. :D See here. He was fine, the car was not.

I also recall a story last December about some kids who went on their first geocache down in the Snake River canyon. They had to be rescued. I think they all lived, though one was pretty seriously injured. The cache they appeared to be attempting has clear instructions of how to safely access it, but they choose their own route, ran out of daylight and one fell attempting to climb back out.

Margo

can't decide between dying old and surrounded by a large group of devoted family after having a full life or

quickly while happily doing something i love in the so called prime of life.

Personally, I want to die like Grandpa, peacefully in his sleep.

...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

:laughing:

sept1c_tank 

Posted: Aug 23 2005, 03:35 PM

Considering how many people geocache, it would be surprising if this was an isolated incident. I wonder how many people have died in their automobile while driving to or from a crache site?

My guess: there has been more than one person who has died while geocaching.

I had a pretty serious wreck last year after planting a cache, on the way to church for a practice.

can't decide between dying old and surrounded by a large group of devoted family after having a full life or

I needed that laugh this morning...thank you!

One it is an old article.

Two it could have happen to anyone out for a hike. Was the guy in Utah, I think, that cut his arm off caching or the guy fishing in Big Thompson Canyon in Colorado that had a rodk fall on him and kill him caching. So there is NO big deal it is like any thing in life.

cheers

I needed that laugh this morning...thank you!

I'll second that I'm still laughing ;)

Anyone else notice that the reporter doesn't know what GPS stands for?
Chamberlain went on the scavenger hunt Saturday morning using a hi-tech GPS system he had just bought

That's right, it's the Global Positioning System System ;)

Or, Wow...that guy bought a whole GPS system? ;):D

Paid for it with money he withdrew from an Automated Teller Machine Machine. :D