Ftf Rewards

Slammer180

On a new regular-sized cache, I put in multiple good swag items that could constitute a "FTF prize." In that case, several early finders are pleased they came when they did.

Now, on the 15 or so FTFs I've logged...let me think...

Yup, as I recall, the only "prize" I have received for being FTF is a virgin log. If one of them had an "FTF prize," then I missed it, since the virginally clean log was "prize" enough for me...

I've done custome made keychain's that have caught on in idaho (you can hang them from your backpack and claim bragging rights for having a lot of them). I've also got some Replica coins from the colonia Era if the USA. They were considered crap back then and appropriate for the cache...if I ever get it placed.

For some reason I don't do FTF prizes so much as "First Few Finders" prizes. The first 5 or 10 get a little something.

To be fair sometimes I just hide a box with a logbook in it and call it a day.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I rarely put FTF prizes in my caches, but the few times I did, I used Geocaching.com hats, a Petzel Micro headlamp and a pair of binoculars.

Oddly enough I don't think the FTF took the items in any instance where I left a FTF prize. I think one of Geocaching.com hats lasted through 4 finds and it was brand new, in its wrapper and those hats are pretty nice.

Edited by briansnat

I put a gift certificate to a local ice cream & snack shop in my first (and only) cache. I figure, it's 85-90 degrees out, it's something they can use. Also an archery target pin that I love.

I'll be doing this for most of my hides, since its something I think would be cool to get, and its a few miles up the road near another cache.

There was nothing for my only FTF. But, it was memorable to hike all the way in, when the roads were closed to vehicles, frosty temps with Dh and my two youngest coming with. :laughing:

I have left a Sacajawea dollar coin for each of the two easier caches and a 2 dollar bill for the harder cache that I have.

I put a gift certificate to a local ice cream & snack shop in my first (and only) cache. I figure, it's 85-90 degrees out, it's something they can use. Also an archery target pin that I love.

I'll be doing this for most of my hides, since its something I think would be cool to get, and its a few miles up the road near another cache.

I just found this cache, and removed the Ice Cream Gift Certificate. I left the archery pin, as I thought it would be a nice item for someoene else (didnt want to hog all the items). Let me tell ya, I'm more happy about this ice cream gift certificate than any other item I've got yet.

Its a fantastic idea, Photoduck, and TFTC!

TB schmeebee...give me ice cream anyday.

Just my .02

OTRA

Although gift certificates are great, I prefer the "interesting" items. I've been FTF on some caches that had nice items, but I didn't need them, so I left them for the next cacher. One that I took was a new TB tag -- a fairly inexpensive, but fun to get item I think.

I usually try to put some kind of FTF prize in my caches. Generally not an expensive item though -- usually something related to the cache. For example, I have a puzzle cache that uses historical markers, and I created laminated photos of a fake marker with the cache name and FTF, 2TF, or 3TF on it.

In one cache I left an Iraqi first aid kit I got during Desert Storm. Not worth much, but kind of a cool souvenier.

I'm working on a Civil War cache that will have some type of civil war money (bills or coins, I'm not sure yet) as the FTF prize.

We haven't managed a FTF, but we were pleased to claim a 10th to Find TB and official geocaching sticker. The cache owner placed 10 prizes in marked envelopes. The prizes ranged in value and each included a TB. It was cool because we are new to this and have not been able to beat the local competition for the FTF honor. We thought that it was a neat idea, even if the prizes aren't TBs. Just the fun of knowing the envelope was waiting for us made it worth the time. :D

Edited by Cats Can't Cache
I'm thinking of placing hockey tickets in mine.  I would post on it cache's site with the dates.  And if someone didn't find them by game day...WOO-HOO for me! :huh:

I'm keeping my season Penguins tickets, thye won't be going into any of my caches. Can't wait for hockey to start! Go Pens!!!

I have left 2 motorola frs radios and a $25 gift certificate in my two caches for FTF prizes.

The best I ever received were 2 Mikasa crystal vases (2 different FTFs) and a packet of russian cosmonaut memorabilia of one of the first people in space (signed photo, newspaper of the day this cosmonaut entered orbit, etc).

I've only left certificates and some nicer than usual swag...and on one themed puzzle cache, I left a souvenir coin.

I am still waiting for confirmation from New York Approver to let me know if my puzzle cache idea (my first cache hide) is acceptable under the rules of the game. If it is, my FTF prize is a $100.00 gift card for Dick's Sporting Goods. The gift card has already been purchased and is reday to go. After seeing the news this morning, I am happier than ever to offer this award. Reason being, Dick's Sporting Goods just donated 10's of thousands of dollars worth of soccer equipment to Iraqi children to start there own youth soccer league. :huh:

On my FTF that me and my daughter had found. We had searched for 45 min or more before we found it, we took a nice mini flashlight with all kinds of attachments for pinpointing the light, including a 90 degree hole light attachment. It was a thrill to be the first to find it as it had a white Jeep in it also. And we left more than we took...just to make sure that cache stayed well stocked.

Edited by justsnoopingalong