Peculiar Cito In Rhode Island

I hit Rattlesnake Ledge over the weekend. The cache is about .3 from the parking area. As I walked along, I spotted a Labatt's beer coaster. Nice and fresh, not rained on or anything. Then another. Then a small pile. Then none for some yards. Then another few. Occasionally a coaster for Killian's ale.

The cache site itself is a great big rock with scenic views. I followed coasters the whole way up, and the summit was covered in them. Mostly Killian's. There were a few that were up in trees or too close to the edge, but I managed to bring out 130 Killians and 37 Labatts. Oh, and I found a clean, new baseball cap with a Guinness logo on top of the rock.

39890096-b18b-4ea0-8182-8b0e51dfe7ce.jpg

Anybody want some? I reckon I messed up somebody's beer party :laughing:

Killian is a distant relative of mine. Could be interesting to have some of those.

I wonder if someone was supposed to distribute the coasters and just tossed them? Some kids I knew once helped an adult we knew campaign, and were paid to deliver stacks of flyers to doorknobs. The poor man paid in advance, so most of the work crew just pitched their flyers in the garbage and went off to enjoy their "earnings" (I delivered my stack, I promise!)

The traditional material for such a trail is bread crumbs, but we know how that turns out. If Hansel and Gretel had used beer coasters, things would have turned out quite differently! Or perhaps not, as kindly-but-misguided old Auntie Weasel might have picked up after them.

At this moment, someone is in the clutches of an old witch in a gingerbread cottage--and it's your fault.