Minor Bug?

I just recieved the following when trying to post a report.

String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

I'm sure I'm just too long winded but I gotta be me. :lol: It would help my editing if I knew the maximum length of the comments when entering a waymark report. Otherwise I just have to keep truncating and trying until I find what fits. I don't think you need to indicate it on the page where the comments go, just in the error message.

I just recieved the following when trying to post a report.

String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

I'm sure I'm just too long winded but I gotta be me.  :laughing:  It would help my editing if I knew the maximum length of the comments when entering a waymark report. Otherwise I just have to keep truncating and trying until I find what fits. I don't think you need to indicate it on the page where the comments go, just in the error message.

Yeah, that's not a good thing. Were you trying to post a waymark? Which field was the problem field?

Sorry, I need to review the terminology thread. :D I had clicked LOG YOUR VISIT on a waymark and when I tried to Submit Log the message came back near the the top of the page. I assume my comments were too long. Microsoft Word says there were 1113 words and 5707 characters including spaces. I am nothing if not prolific. :D

bump.gif

Can you just tell me what the limit is so that I can post this long log?  I really don't want to spend a lot of time guessing.

4000 characters right now I believe.

Thanks. That simplifies my binary search significantly. :)

Edit: Never being one to follow the rules... The limit seems to be about 5000 characters including spaces. Just posted a log that Word reports as 2 pages, 10 paragraphs, 54 lines, 954 words, 3973 characters, 4918 characters with spaces.

It would still be nice to have that included in the error message. ANd while you're on your break, you could also include the size of the attempted log so I don't have to copy it to Word to see how close I am. Oh ya, and you could include a spell checker. And maybe a voice recognition input option... :)

Thanks.

Edited by FtMgAl