Unite The Clans

AE_Rodney

To get the ball rolling, this is the thread for the event cache on the 10th of September, in Pretoria: Unite the Clans. The list of people attending so far:

-GlobalRat x2

-GeoPoppit x1

-Brick x5

-cache-fan

-Inspector Gadget 79 x1

-AE_Rodney x1

-warthog

Please let me know if you're comming and how many of you there will be, by the 1st of September. Everyone welcome, no matter what age.

GlobalRat x2

GeoPoppit x1

Brick x5

cache-fan x3

Inspector Gadget 79 x1

AE_Rodney x1

warthog

QFC x2

Team CorollaRSi x2

geeksquirrel x1

TOTAL: 19

Please let me know by this Thursday (1st September) if you havn't let me know yet. Everyone is more than welcome to bring Travel Bugs and Geocoins to trade.

This should be everyone. I'll try organise for some extra seats in case. Thanks for the great response. See you all in a week and 1 days time.

GlobalRat x2

GeoPoppit x1

Brick x5

cache-fan x3

Inspector Gadget 79 x1

AE_Rodney x1

warthog x1

QFC x2

Team CorollaRSi x2

geeksquirrel x1

Geocacher_coza x1

AE_James x1

Noddy x2

TOTAL: 23

I was just browsing the forums, and thought I make a post about the Event, just a short one for anyone who is bored and browsing the forums for something to read.

The event through the eyes of Charlie (C in QFC):

Well, it all started with my brilliant navigating skills getting us to the Pot of Gold cache, we took some time to find it (since we didn't have the correct coordinates) which only left us with a few minutes to get to the Event and quickly find Winkelwindpomp. AE_Rodney arrived just after us in his cool mini, and headed off to the restaurant. We then started looking for our 46th cache. This cache was WELL hidden, and while Brendan was crawling under the windmill I met up with Geocacher_coza and Trackz... shortly after finding the container, cache-fan, Noddy and GeekSquirrel arrived at the scene... followed by Brick and Co. What a group, I think this must be quite a record for the most people finding a cache at once... or at least in South Africa. And I would have loved to have known what was going through the minds of people passing by. B)

The Venue was awesome! Well done Rodney! With such a big group I was wondering how we were all going to fit around a table, but it worked out quite well, even though the food story was definitely a story on it's own. At least the drinks didn't take toooo long... Inspector Gadget, Team CorollaRSi, AE_James and Bokkie and Hubby also arrived as we all found our seats.

Brick presented GlobalRat with a type of panga for this his 200th cache, which made the rest of us cachers quiver with the thought of racing GlobalRat to a FTF with panga in hand! Well done GlobalRat!

The evening progressed with one or two plates of food that were randomly given to whoever tried to order food. Apparently the waitress was new, but I think something really wrong was happening in that kitchen that it seemed pizza was being ordered from elsewhere. Anyways... apart from the food, it was fun to hear all the stories about caching expeditions and so forth!

All in all, a great evening and our first Event Cache! We must definitely have more of these. We can now put a face to a few more cachers!

All thanks to AE_Rodney!