Cameras In Caches

Queeny

Disposable cameras in caches for visitors to snap a piccy. Does anyone do this and what do they do with the pics; scan them onto the cache page??? Just thinking if its a 24 film one it could take a year to get that many visitors if its quiet area. Does the film deteriorate? Thinking about it for a kids cache of mine. Cheers. :lol:

Cold weather in itself should not be a problem to film. I store my 35mm filmstock in the freezer/fridge, but damp and fluctuations of temperature may prove more problematical.

I completely agree about getting the photos put onto CD at the time of processing. I paid 95p to get a camera film developed and printed onto 3 x 5" prints (the smallest and cheapest option) and £1.99 to get them copied to disk. I have got a scanner, but it seemed cheap enough to me to be worth the time and effort it would save me scanning them myself (and if they scan from the negative, the quality would be better).

I also got a free film with my developing and printing. I am now considering finding an ancient point and shoot 35mm camera and leaving that in the cache as a cache cam, and using up the film. I have one of these laying around from ages ago, when a disposable camera was about a tenner and you could buy an el cheapo camera for about the same price.

I do like cache cams, and my one experience so far has not yielded any pictures of muggles bums, as I had feared! :lol::anibad:

I put a camera in one of my caches. I don't think the flash ever worked properly and this is the main problem. That and the camera was a piece of dung. Many of the cheapie disposable cameras are re-used disposable cameras so its a bit of a crap shoot whether you'll have much success. I have seen waterproof cameras in caches and these would appear to be a better idea. Here are some pictures from one of my caches.

Coupar Angus Cache with Pictures

C-A