How Do I Log A Find

walts333

If you do not know what these caches were called, you can also search for the coordinates. The Hide or Seek Cache page is pretty thorough, and will leave you with many search options.

Lots of other info once you have reached the cache's page too - such as adding it to your "watchlist" (something to bookmark), or searching for nearby caches.

Welcome to geocaching. Much fun to be had here!

Bear

Normally I don't post, but for some reason this forum topic made me think of a good self-serving prank. Still, since I’m not into that sort of mischief, I’ll offer some solid advice.

Assuming you know which caches you have found, go to the web page for those caches, and on the upper right hand corner of the page there are several choices to click on. Select the first one that reads “Log your visit.” A new window will open up in which you can enter your log. On that page be sure to select the “type of log,” (Found it) and the “date logged,” (the date you found it.)

Be sure to enter a description of your experience of your cache hunt in the “Comments” box, then, at the bottom of the page, click on the “Submit log entry” button to log your find.

And if I can offer some additional advice on a pet peeve, in your on-line log, try to avoid using just abbreviations to log your find. Abbreviations such as TNLNTFTC are in my opinion a lazy form of logging a cache. Save that for the logbook where space may be limited. The geocachers I know that have hidden caches really enjoy the on-line logs, and usually when a geocacher puts even a little thought into it, they can be really interesting or funny. Most cachers I know do not make a regular habit of going to their caches and reading the log books, so the only feedback they get is from the on-line logs. I know for myself, I have recieved a lot of positive feed back from cache owners due to the logs I have posted.

Good luck, happy caching, and welcome to the fun!