Terms For The Glossary.

Being a new game there are a lot of new terms that need inventing. There is a glossary but, IMHO, it does not yet include the breadth of terms that are used in Geocaching. For example, in GC we have McToys and over here I used the term WayMac and some couldn't figure out what I meant. In GC we have FTF. I just claimed a FTL in a log. (I also used NFL - Newbie's First Log but I don't expect that one to catch on. :laughing: )

Terms have been discussed in many threads but I thought a single thread to present just terminology might be helpful. A place you could Markwell the discussion that resulted in the language that you use.

Any ideas for terms that aren't in the glossary yet but that would help a newbie understand what is going on faster? Or that would help stabilize the language being used?

Being a new game there are a lot of new terms that need inventing. There is a glossary but, IMHO, it does not yet include the breadth of terms that are used in Geocaching. For example, in GC we have McToys and over here I used the term WayMac and some couldn't figure out what I meant. In GC we have FTF. I just claimed a FTL in a log. (I also used NFL - Newbie's First Log but I don't expect that one to catch on.  :laughing: )

Terms have been discussed in many threads but I thought a single thread to present just terminology might be helpful. A place you could Markwell the discussion that resulted in the language that you use.

Any ideas for terms that aren't in the glossary yet but that would help a newbie understand what is going on faster? Or that would help stabilize the language being used?

It would be fun to have an urbandictionary.com style glossary where people can add their own terms, but developing something like that would probably take too much time away from the higher priority new features that are planned. We'll do our best to add new terms to the glossary as they are created. Maybe a forum thread about new Waymarking terms should be opened?

<snip> We'll do our best to add new terms to the glossary as they are created.  Maybe a forum thread about new Waymarking terms should be opened?

And a very good job you will do I am sure. :laughing:

Uh, I thought that is what I was trying to do. I saw your link on the glossary page to tell TPTB about new glossary terms with email but didn't want to bother you with my personal preferences. I could see emailing suggestions would end up with lots of duplication and opposing ideas. I thought a thread at this point might lead to some early consensus. IMHO there is already a lot of this going on in various threads. Putting it all in one place might make it easier to manage.

So what does everyone think about TFTW? Should it be TFTWM? TNLNSL doesn't apply but will TP suffice?