Catewgory Proposal: Whipee Dips

My proposal is to highlight all those wonderful, road side, Mom-n-Pop, ice cream stands. :lol: They exist all over the nation, and would be a wonderful database for anyone travelling while 'caching. Therefore, this should be placed under the Places, (as in People, Places, or Things) section. (Or perhaps the Restaurants section?) Please note that any and all chains (i.e. Dairy Queen, Tasty Freeze, etc.) will NOT be allowed. :lol:

Any history of the place, and any specialities, would be appreciated! Also, a mention of nearby 'caches would be helpful.

EDIT: oops, I misspelled category in the above title. :P If a Mod could use her or his super powers and fix it, I would be most appreciative, ty! :lol:

Edited by Sandrich

What the heck is a whipee dip?

So that people can search for the category, perhaps trying to be cute isn't the answer.

Perhaps simply calling the category "Roadside Comfort Food Stands" or "Roadside Eateries" or "Roadside Fast-food Stands" or "Roadside non-Corporate Fast Food Stands" would be among the best choices for category title.

Whipee Dip is simply a term that I've used, pretty much my whole life, to describe a road side ice cream stand. But that may reflect my Midwestern upbringing? So maybe we should simply call it Roadside Ice Cream Stands? The idea is that the place has to be centered around ice cream, not just a fast food item, or a more typical generic eatery. In other words, a "burger" joint wouldn't fit into this category (assuming it was a Mom-n-Pop).