Ok Empty Your Pockets!

We have had plenty of threads about what's in your caching bag. I want to know if you carry anything in your pockets daily as a result of becoming a geocacher. I used to hate carrying things in my pants pockets, but because of caching I've added a couple of things to my every day carry. I'll start.

Keys clipped to belt loop with a carabiner taken from a cache.

Fisher Space Pen in left front pocket/will write on wet logs.

Kershaw Chive knife in right front pocket/not specifically for caching.

Wallet in back right pocket/money and ID of course.

Peak Matterhorn AAA led flashlight in my right front pocket/hate sticking my hands where I can't see.

Samsung cell phone/In case I get lost. :lol:

So what's in your pants? :lol:

I've actually learned to take stuff out of my pockets. ie: why the heck do I need 2.50 in quarters?... or do I really need all those credit cards in the woods?... or why am I carrying all those work related building keys?

The thing I have learned is to carry a good small knife and something to light a fire and... oh yeah a lot of common sense... so that I can use it when needed.

Keys and change in the right pocket. Also a pocket knife.

Paper money, and cell phone in the left pocket.

If I bring a wallet (I don't usually need maxed out cards in the woods) it's in the back right.

back left has cache printouts, or now the palm.

Gps is in my hand or on the belt.

If I have a pen it's usually in the left pocket, but I keep at least forty in my shirt pocket (if i have one). how do they all get there?

that is usually all I bring. i have learned to multitask with my items, so i don't usually need a pack.

Edited by Joe Smith

I always carry my kershaw Vapor II in either my back pocket(at work) of my right front pocket. an shortened ink pen in my front left pocket. my wallet in the back right pocket(never know when you need your wallet, might become incopacitated) thats pretty much it. oh yeah...i might carry a granola bar in a cargo pocket if I know I'm gonna be out for a while.

edited...I really need to work on my spelling! lol

Edited by wreckelite

Because I'm an old fat guy, I wear a Camelback hydration thingy. It holds 3 litres of water, my ID, assorted trade items, Slim Jims, a little pump bottle of skeeter spray, cell phone, cache page, etc.

I wear a fanny pack that holds my Glock.

Pockets? About the only thing that goes in my pockets is my Copenhagen and my Spyderco.

So what's in your pants? :P

OK. Teensy bit ot.

I bought this for cachin':

1960897d-15fc-4b17-b66e-c03c1404b82b.jpg

AND THEN I went cachin' with the NEFGA Jeep Club.

The ON topic part of this post isn't exactly family friendly. :P:P:rolleyes:

Good to see a new X being used properly! :P

I drive a well-loved, sometimes wheeled 2000 XTerra myself.

And to answer the OP, my GPS (loaded with local waypoints of interest) though not in my pocket usually is almost always in the truck now with cache pages uploaded into my iPod for quick reference. You never know when you'll have a long lunch or something to spare for caching.

Edited by wandererrob

I bought this for cachin':

1960897d-15fc-4b17-b66e-c03c1404b82b.jpg

you must have VERY large pants! Geez! :rolleyes:

The only thing in my pants, er uh other than what God gave me, is a really cool small LED keychain light I got out of the Highland cache here in Reno.

Were you asking what people carry with them from other caches, or what they routinely carry to caches?

Edited by Bahamadiver