Sacramento Area Cachers!

Delaypat

This is a call for help, I would really like to go out with an experienced cacher and learn how to find these buggers better...I want to be able to cache on my own(with friends), and actually be able to find the cache....So if anyone has any free time during the weekends, please let me know! I just want to be a tag-a-long!!!!!! thanks all!!!

Pat

Trust me, in this area you are never on you own. I do not live in Sacramento but in Lodi. There is a very active group of people in the Sacramento area. We meet once a month and have about 80 people show up every time. The next event will be in Elk Grove on the Sep. 10th. Go to the www.RCGDS.net for more help.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

Here's a few suggestions to add to what Geocrickets said.

1. Look for Events in your area. Go to the Calender of Events on the main geocaching.com page and look through the calender for Events near you. You'll meet loads of nice people ready and willing to help. I have an Event coming up in October that's a bit of a drive but in a pretty nice place:

Yosemite VIP/CITO Event

2. Along with the RCGDS group, there is also the Geocachers of the Bay Area forum. Lots of knowledgeable people ready to help answer questions, and if you want to link up with partners (albiet, in the bay area, not Sacramento), there's usually someone posting for partners for a hike/caching. Better yet, post a topic yourself like you've done here. Lead a cache hike, or put together an Event at a coffee house or pizza place.

3. If all else fails, just do like the rest of us have done. Start easy and work your way up. Look for large containers with low difficulty ratings. You'll eventually get enough experience that it will seem like old hat in no time.

Good luck. :laughing:

As geocrickets said the RCGDS RCGDS event in Elk Grove would be a great place to start. This is going to a morning get together to avoid the heat, followed by geocacing in the Elk Grove area.

There is also a splinter group that goes out on Friday nights, I went with them last Friday night from 9PM to about Midnight.

there are lots of geocaches in the Sacramento area. start out with easy ones to start (rated 1 for difficulty maybe 2) If you have a bike to ride there are dozens along the American river.

Edited by JohnnyVegas