Paperless Caching /archived Cache

Kidatheart

I recently updated my GPSr and PDA with a file that I have used on watcher and GSAK. I went out and noticed that my pocket querry did not include caches that had been archived ( I had not went to them yet :D ). Does anyone know how to do a pocket querry to obtain archived querries so that I can update my pda and GPSr?

I recently updated my GPSr and PDA with a file that I have used on watcher and GSAK. I went out and noticed that my pocket querry did not include caches that had been archived ( I had not went to them yet :lol: ). Does anyone know how to do a pocket querry to obtain archived querries so that I can update my pda and GPSr?

Archived caches are not included in a PQ, so the easiest (and obvious) way to not load archived caches is not to use old PQs. Only load new PQs and you won't have this problem.

Be sure to load PQs into GSAK on a regular basis (I assume you are deleting your PQs after loading into GSAK using the automatic email reading feature, so you'll never be loading old PQs, anyway). This ensures that your cache "last updated date" is constantly moving forward on the caches which you ARE getting.

However, unless you plan on dumping your GSAK database every time (not really advisable, as you would lose archived caches which you've found or any caches you've found which you may not be receiving since they came in on PQs which you made for road trips), that's NOT going to be enough.

In order to ensure that the old cache information is not visible or downloaded to your GPS, you need to set up your GSAK filter to EXCLUDE caches which have not had an update in, say, the last week. Later if you wish, you can invert that filter and look at the caches you aren't getting updates for and get the individual GPX files for the archived caches or just mark them archived in GSAK.

In order to ensure that the old cache information is not visible or downloaded to your GPS, you need to set up your GSAK filter to EXCLUDE caches which have not had an update in, say, the last week. Later if you wish, you can invert that filter and look at the caches you aren't getting updates for and get the individual GPX files for the archived caches or just mark them archived in GSAK.

Thanks, I basically use GSAK to maintain a lot of information and don't want to let it go to waste. I knew someone would have an answer that would work for me.