Can You Delete A Photo You Added To The Gallery?

I mean, I posted a waymark listing, not a visit. I posted a photo in the gallery and I need to remove it. I have looked under the edit feature and cant find anything that allows me to delete a gallery photo. Can someone please point out to me how to do it, if I can?

Yes, there definitely needs to be an archive function for images. When I get back to the office on Monday, I'll put it on the high-priority to-do list.

Now I've done the same silly thing - created a waymark, and posted the wrong photo to the gallery, but there doesn't seem to be any way to remove it. I've posted the correct photo twice, but it doesn't show up, and I can't get rid of the wrong photo! HELP!

I mean, I posted a waymark listing, not a visit. I posted a photo in the gallery and I need to remove it. I have looked under the edit feature and cant find anything that allows me to delete a gallery photo. Can someone please point out to me how to do it, if I can?

Yes, there definitely needs to be an archive function for images. When I get back to the office on Monday, I'll put it on the high-priority to-do list.

Geez - your high priority list must be pretty long! :)

Any update on being able to delete incorrect photos that we posted?

Time to bump this one up. I posted some photos and found the same problems. I can't edit the caption with the photo. You can archive the photo now though so I guess I could archive the existing one then upload it again and use the right caption this time.

The ability to delete/archive photos has been up for at least a month now.

When you are in any photo gallery, select the photo you are interested in deleting and click on it. It will take you to a page that contains a "archive this image" checkbox. Check the checkbox and click update photo. This will remove the photo from the system.

In the next update all references to "archiving" things on the site will now be refered to as "deleting", as we now recognize the wording is confusing. Hope this helps.

Bootron

Time to bump this one up.  I posted some photos and found the same problems.  I can't edit the caption with the photo.  You can archive the photo now though so I guess I could archive the existing one then upload it again and use the right caption this time.

Bootron

I believe the question SSS had was in regard to editing captions without having to archive a photo and upload it again. This is something I have to do too when I goof with my caption.

Time to bump this one up.  I posted some photos and found the same problems.  I can't edit the caption with the photo.  You can archive the photo now though so I guess I could archive the existing one then upload it again and use the right caption this time.

Bootron

I believe the question SSS had was in regard to editing captions without having to archive a photo and upload it again. This is something I have to do too when I goof with my caption.

Heh. I misread his post. I'll see what I can do.

I second LSUMonica. If we have to delete ("archive") the photo to correct a typo in the caption or note text, OK I guess, but it is using up Waymarking bandwidth, and takes some of our time also (depending on photo size & hookup). I'm not a programmer, but you've got good working code over on the GC.com side....