Wife Problem

Mousetrap

... I was the only kid in school who continually got in trouble because my mom dared me to do stupid stuff.

My mother held the ladder while I climbed onto the school planetarium roof to tape a giant campaign poster on the dome. I was running for student council.

Someone called the cops. Mom talked our way out of it. The poster stayed in place for about a day, until the principal made a janitor take it down. I got detention, and didn't get elected to student council that year.

Mom would have loved geocaching.

My wife & I are a team when it comes to caching . . . she makes sure I have all that I need to play including the new 60cs, tick spray ann the new PPC & then she sends me off with plenty of liquids & lunch and smiles as I drive away - happy to have the time for herself.

Last week, on a VA trip, she had all this plus a thick book to read while I cached in the woods & roadsides.

A great partnership, this!

Whenever I mention caching, my wife gives me the eye-roll and tells me I am obsessed. I used to use the excuse of taking our five year old daughter with me for some father/daughter bonding. That worked for a year but now my daughter won't go any more because there are "too many bugs". Which is the same excuse my wife uses for not going. She grew up in the city and to her the woods are "icky and buggy". Whenever we plan to go on a trip, if she catches me on the Geocaching website she says, "I suppose you are going to make us stop and find a geocache on the way." If I say yes, it's the ol' eye-roll again! It's really disappointing for me. So now I go caching on my lunch hour and that way I don't even have to tell her!

sometimes. she doesn't always want me to go out. Although the last we went caching together was right before dark and she found ALL 4 of the ones we were going for. the first one was in tall grass and she was wearing shorts so I went hunting and after about 10 minutes she said 'honey, check that tree" sure enough, the one tree I didn't check!!

Oh and another point: If your wifey is an eye-roller like mine, this trick helped a little: I had her create her own travel bug and she gave it its goal. Now at least she asks me how the bug is doing so it gives me an excuse to get on the Geocaching website. I know she thinks the whole concept is childish, but at least we can converse about it ocassionally!

We are a caching team. When I started in this, she was a bit less than enthusiastic, but she warmed up to it slowly.

When Mrs. Shop99er bought her own GPSr, that's when things really changed.

More often than not, when the weekend rolls around, she has a list of 20-50 caches to look for. The number depends on whether she wants to cache 1 or 2 days. If it's a Holiday weekend, we're looking at a hotel somewhere.

Now, all of our vacations are planned around caching in the area we're heading for.

Boys and Girls, I got dam# lucky. :D

My wife got tired of looking for micros that took too long to find. If it can't be found in 15 minutes she's ready to give up. So now she rarely goes caching anymore.

Luckly for me the dog needs therapy (long hikes) so I go out every weekend and cache to my hearts content. I get to cache and the wife gets a good Chesapeke.

Team Sand Dollar

We hermit crabs are very geo-compatible, luckily. We both enjoy the same kinds of caches as each other, and we both dislike the same kinds (basically anything that makes us feel at all conspicuous). We also tend to reach the "this is no fun any more" stage at about the same time, so it's rare that one wants to call it quits while the other wants to stay and search. We also make a good team for puzzle caches -- very often one of us will get half of the solution while the other was at a total loss, and then the other will get the rest of it while the first one has hit a brick wall.

Sometimes when I'm going caching alone, I try to avoid doing ones I know my co-crab would enjoy doing together with me, so I mostly end up gravitating toward ones that advertise lots of mosquitos, ticks, thorns, bad coordinates, mud, and DNFs :mad:

My Wife loves caching the only problem is that She has to work every other weekend

and She also is not a good waker upper in the morning. But on the days she does

come i try to pick the more interesting ones near tourists traps.

She has no interest in the gps or logging on the computer all she says is tell me when to

start looking and stand back..

I think She is the only reason why other people tolerate Me. :laughing:

Husband and wife geocaching team here. We both seem to be equally obsessed about it. We have turned it into date activity. We go out, geocache, have picnic or ice cream or something fun like that. And we take the little geodoglet. We dont do movies or fancy dinners. We cache.

That's Great!

We're BOTH obsessed; he's still in the denial stage :).

I started to cache with our girls when he'd work on Saturdays, then all it took was letting him hold the GPSr one time! He never lets me hold the TV remote! :D Now each have our own! He enjoy's the "hunt"; it's his natural instinct :D But our best times are caching as a family. ;)

Sorry to hear about wife problems ;) We try to celebrate our differences & not judge before we try ____ for ourselves... then there's really no case for an arguement or eye rollin. Sometimes you just have to watch that 'chick flick' with her, and sometimes you just have to watch a boxing match with him.

Just my opnion, but I know what works for us; we've been together for 1/2 of my life now, 18 years, and we're still best friends. :laughing:

80f760f2-a73b-420e-94b2-f08ddcf822ee.jpg

My wife usually does not like to cache. She likes the caches where we can walk up to them in a parking lot, or locationless that we can take a picture of from the car. I usually end up caching with another cacher who has the same type of wife.

In my case, I get to pay her back for caching time, by taking her shopping. It all works out in the end.

My wife enjoys the sport immensely, because it gets me, and the kids, out of the house for extended periods of time.  :unsure:

Typical weekend conversation around breakfast time:

Me: I was thinking of doing some 'caching today

Wife: Are you taking the kids?

Me: Sure

Wife: Try to be home by bedtime.

Both of you would fit right in at my house. Same conversation every weekend!

Either that, or:

ME: Honey, ya' want to go caching with Little Boo and I?

WIFE: Is there a mall nearby that you can drop me off at?

<_<:o:(

I often go caching with my ex-wife.

That is just sick and wrong on so many levels unless you carry a little jar of cremains, and *that's* sick and wrong on some other ones.

C'mon, my ex wife and I are really good friends. How is that so wrong?

At a guess; someone who thinks that "death do you part" is the only way a marraige should end...

My wife usually does not like to cache. . . .

Mine, either. She will go if she has a book to read or something to sew on while waiting for me. I finally figured out how to get her to go. I would drive and look at my GPS, while running off the road or almost hitting an oncoming car. Since she refuses to learn how to use the GPS, her solution was to let her drive and I look at the GPS. Worked really well until I made her drive down the road to hell . . . She survived and now insists she drive all the time. She still won't leave the truck, but at least she will go with me. The worst was when I planned a big cache trip on our anniversary. I may get to move out of the garage in about a month . . .

I'm single, and completely obsessed with Geocaching. I'm surprised how many men I tell about the sport respond with something like:

"I wouldn't look for things unless I got reward money."

"That sounds like a complete waste of time."

;)

Where are all the single, obsessed-with-Geocaching men?

I was telling my brother about geocaching, and his opinion (delivered with a smirk) was "People with too much time on their hands". Then he started talking about going to an Opera, and I got to smirk back.

I'm hoping to get my honey out with me in about another month when it starts getting cooler. He simply cannot stand the heat and humidity we experience this time of year, and has a severe allergy to bee stings. He just prefers to let me take our kids right now. He loves to hike during the cooler months, so I think I'll be able to get him out. He's joined on me on two late night parking lot micro hunts, but that's about it so far (and those probably weren't the best choice to get him interested, granted.) He rolls his eyes and he teases me, but he thinks it's wonderful for the kids. He doesn't quite understand why I want to go out everyday if our schedule allows, though.

All week he's been looking with hungry eyes at my brand new Legend C. I think that has sparked his interest more because it's so much cooler than the Gecko 201 we have been using. But if he thinks I'm relinquishing the Legend C to him he's wrong, lol! I think we'll have to get him his own GPSr for him to "get" geocaching. Actually I've been thinking of getting him one of the Forerunners -- we walk and/or run at the local track five or six nights a week and that might be the perfect introductory GPSr for him. He loves his toys and getting him a fitness model that he can use may just be the way to get him interested in other capabilities of GPS in general, including caching.