Waymarking Sticker

Are the stickers going to be stuck on the doors of McDonalds and the graves of American Revolutionary War Veterans and on the sides of castles?

From the gc.com store description and picture of the sticker on a door, it would seem that people will be marking waymarks the world over by pasting the red and white stickers onto public and property.

I would think that if this is the case, it would garner gc.com and geocaching, not to mention Waymarking, a bad image with people and governments everywhere...imagine stickers being scraped off of the door of a McDs in Seattle, only to be replaced a half-hour later.

nfa-jamie

It's obvious that is not for stick on Mcdonaldsl, castles or graveyards, but it will be interesting for otherWaymarks like the Geocaching Tour guides, you can stick it in your car windows in front of your home or at your gate.

They show an example of the sticker in use, stuck to the glass door of a commercial establishment. Seems obvious that Groundspeak is advertising that as one of the sticker's potential uses.

Seems a little small to be putting on a vehicle, btw. What advertising potential is there with it, if someone has to climb up onto my bumper to read it?

Edited by dogbreathcanada

I am horrified each time i see a whole old neighbourhood of Barcelona plenty of geek stickers and small personal graffittes everywhere, at walls, doors....

I won't ask permision to stuck one more unnecessary sticker on a establishment's door, no wayif am talking about an historical building.

I love Waymarking but I have to admit that the most of the people will not be interested on it. it's not a popular hobby.

I am fed up seeing a door of full unknow strange stickers.

I repeat I only use a Waymark sticker for my GC guide tours WM at home. That stickers are not suitable everywhere

Edited by garri