Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
The red-haired witch

"find The Rock" In Gatineau Contest

Heard today that a local radio station is soon going to run a "find the rock" contest here. It seems a rock with their logo on it will be hidden somewhere in the Gatineau area, and whoever finds it gets a prize. Not many details yet... I'll keep my ears open.

Seems the contest is not limited to Gatineau... this morning, they hid that rock in Ottawa. From the hint they gave on the radio, I`d say near a bike path and/or in the downtown area. That prety much describes the highest cache concentration areas in the region.

Also, the rock can`t be all that big, because whoever finds it has to bring it back to the radio station to win.

I wonder if there will be any geocachers amongst the winners of the contest... or maybe they should have hired one to hide the rock?

I'm gonna guess that the "Rock" will be hidden in a fairly obvious and accessible location.

Doubtful that any Geocaches would be affected, as we hide things WAY better than any old radio station can.

For the contests I heard like this one, they usually give hints that end up leading to a significant location where the there is some monument or attraction around it.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar