End Of Geocaching?

Whats going on here? Many of you ask.

Well, Jeremy seems to have analysed the world from a software modeling point of view. What he found is that there should be a higher level ob abstraction.

Great!!! The higher level is that the world has several different groups of people searching and finding places such as virtual and location less caches, benchmarks, McDonalds .... and so on.

I just ask myself why he doens't go for the great leap and make geocaching a category of its own? Or is is already planing this and just fears to tell us?

Geocaching as it will be in near future is just another categorie!!! Thus I'd propose this new categorie and I'd like to be (possibly paid) category manager.

greetings

Edited by Eggbart
Are you a pessimist by nature?

The End of Geocaching... give me a break! :o

Why pessimist?

I am just realistic.

There is nothing special about geocaching. Get real!

It's a great hobby, sure.

It is nothing special in the sense of other hobbies where people find things.

Jeremy wants all these hobbies on his page and geocaching is just another hobby :D

Actual it is much smarter to do it this way. By breaking the sites apart, he is much more likely to attract new users who think geocaching is stupid (like almost everyone all of us know). Not only that, but he pleases a core group within geocaching, those that do not like virts or LCs.

It was a smrt move, in my opinion.

Are you a pessimist by nature?

The End of Geocaching... give me a break!  :D

Why pessimist?

I am just realistic.

There is nothing special about geocaching. Get real!

It's a great hobby, sure.

It is nothing special in the sense of other hobbies where people find things.

Jeremy wants all these hobbies on his page and geocaching is just another hobby :o

Funny, When I visited Jeremy a while ago I didnt see you in the meeting. Its nice to see that you can read his mind from a distance. Keep up the good work

Edited by LaPaglia

Ahhh, the abstraction, just think about it - all GPS-based games ever invented or yet to be invented can become categories under Waymarking.com.

And then geodashing, letterboxing, benchmarking, bookcrossing, degree confluence, and everything else can be unified by the One Ring (I mean Groundspeak).

My precious...