I'm Confused About My Status

D2Cacher

Don't know if this is the place for this but here goes --

I can access MOCs. I can access the Off Topic Forum.

My account says my status is basic member and I cannot log onto Waymarking.com. The message says I have to be a Premium member.

I believe my membership renewed in May through Paypal.

Is there a twilight zone between Basic and Premium for extra special people?

If you allowed your premium membership to lapse, it is still possible to access PM areas because of the cookies on your computer. Once the cookie expires, your access to the Premium member areas will most likely be removed unless you renew your premium membership by then.

You are a normal (basic) member. If your paypal renewed in April or May the following information will help you:

To activate your new account or renewal, you will need your ID from your PayPal transaction history or confirmation email. You are looking for the transaction that starts with "S-" - Once you find this subscription ID you can enter it into the subscribe page on Geocaching.com:

http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe

(You will need to be logged in)

It is better to highlight the subscription ID and copy and paste it into the subscribe page, since in many cases the zeroes and ones look like O's and I's, and vice-versa.

This will add one full year to your existing membership expiration date. You will not lose any time for renewing early.

This might not be totally on topic, but when it comes time to renew does geocaching.com send out a notification e-mail??? Thanks.

yes, two I think.

You can also check to see when you'll expire by going to your 'my account' page. Off on the right side it will say something like:

"You are a Premium Member

Your membership will continue through Wednesday, January 36, 2056."

Don't know if this is the place for this but here goes --

I can access MOCs. I can access the Off Topic Forum.

My account says my status is basic member and I cannot log onto Waymarking.com. The message says I have to be a Premium member.

I believe my membership renewed in May through Paypal.

Is there a twilight zone between Basic and Premium for extra special people?

Cookies will remember the information that will get you onto the Off Topic Forums I believe.

You may jut be in a "grace period".