Bug Reports

Being an early beta I realize you will have bugs to work out. I didn't see a thread to report them to so....................

The directory does not seem to be working right now. I tried finding McDonalds but could not navigate to it. I get Places->Restaurants->Classic BBQ & Sandwich Joints then a list of that sub-cat. There are no other restaurants listed. Sure it can be found by search just not by browsing.

Also can you add SORT BY name to the sql so the listing is sorted rather then by index number. It looks random the way it is done now. Sub categories could also get this treatment.

Edited by FarSideX

What are your popularity filters set for? McDonalds is currently the lowest-rated category so it might be filtered out?

EDIT: Yep, just tested and that's it. At 90% McDonald's is filtered out. It shows up next to Barbeque places only if you set your filter wide-open at 100% of all Waymark categories. Those of you who don't like the McDonald's category, take note. You'll never see it if you use your filter effectively.

Edited by The Leprechauns
What are your popularity filters set for?  McDonalds is currently the lowest-rated category so it might be filtered out?

EDIT: Yep, just tested and that's it.  At 90% McDonald's is filtered out.  It shows up next to Barbeque places only if you set your filter wide-open at 100% of all Waymark categories.  Those of you who don't like the McDonald's category, take note.  You'll never see it if you use your filter effectively.

Yes, Lep is right. You can now only see McDonald's when the popularity filter is at 100%. We're going to be adding a small notification on category pages that inform the user when any of the subcategories are being hidden due to the popularity filter. Hopefully this will curb the confusion in the future.

No, I think the default filter setting should stay somewhere in the middle. In the first few days the forums were bombarded with criticizim for teh McDonald's category. People saw that category and assumed thats what Waymarking is all about - finding McDonalds. Over time there will be many other lame categories that few people want to see. It's probably best to keep them hidden by default.

To extend what you said:

As one learns their way around the website they would eventually find this popularity filter and set it as they wish to see more or less categories.