Axim V50x Pocketpc Anyone?

I got a great deal on a Dell Axim pocketpc and bought it. Anybody else have one they are using? I don't plan on using it for the actual hike as I will drop it into a vat of hot lava and have to explain it to my wife. I have an explorist for that. I am figuring out how to use the bluetooth and the wireless card and am amazed at the level of education (not!) that the salespeople have at the cellphone stores. Is anyone using bluetooth via their phone?

Not yet - waiting for Mr Postman to deliver it this morning :-)

have been using an iPAQ for a while with blue tooth GPS feeding into memory map which is really good when it works. The bluetooth connectivity is a bit iffish so once the 2 are talking I try not to turn either off until the end of the session.

Haven't tried bluetooth on the phone.

Sue

Just got mine this last week! The screen is amazing!

Just got my Garmin cfQue 1620 installed today. Sadly, it's making me feel like I should upgrade to "something better" for GPS. The reception on the cfQue was always a little flakey when I ran it on my ancient iPaq.

I saw some recommendations of the Garmin GPS10 receiver (or is it the 'sensor'?) Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers!

I just got one last week. Right now it won't sync. Very annoying, plus now I've got to upgrade a lot of softare for WM 2003 Second edtion. Then WM 5 will come out.

When I got it I also got the Rhino Case. It's a nice case for caching.

PDA's are great in general.

I seem to recall having a similar problem. Can't recall what it was but something grabbing the port comes to mind.

I just got one last week.  Right now it won't sync.  Very annoying, plus now I've got to upgrade a lot of softare for WM 2003 Second edtion.  Then WM 5 will come out.

When I got it I also got the Rhino Case.  It's a nice case for caching. 

PDA's are great in general.

I seem to recall having a similar problem. Can't recall what it was but something grabbing the port comes to mind.

It does happen after I turn on WiFi. I'll have to look into that angle.

I've had the Axim X50v in a Rhino case for about a year. My Ax allows me to go paperless for just about everything, including Geocaching I have GPSSonar and Pocket Streets loaded for caching. I use it with my Garmin 60CS.

The Bluetooth is kinda cool but I have not found many uses for it -yet. It is paired with my cellphone to transfer pictures and contacts.

The sync'ing with a PC works best for me when the USB cable is plugged in directly to the PC and not thru a USB hub. Sync'ing with BT or WiFi works but has been problematic for me. So I stick to wired sync'ing.

The WiFi is the coolest part by far. WiFi hotspots are turning up everywhere.

Try aximsite dot com.