Is There Any Way

geo_boy_2001

Is this the real-world implementation of the

Adopt a Newbie Scheme? suggestion? (duh)

Just curious, it seems to handle the job very well.

The two "visits" on the The Leprechauns waymark seem a bit strange. Are those test posts? I'm not sure that those 2 people (this is based on the logs) bet with Lep. I'd assume one would log a "visit" when you actually had a "guided tour" ? Is that how it works? Is there even a need for a "visit" in this category? Also, what if the same person visits more than once? (some of this might be better answered in the Waymarking forum).

Either way, this looks very awesome :D

sd

Absolutely. When it was suggested we were like OMG, like this could totally be a waymark category.

I bet you were excited to see the suggestion. Great work guys (let me sneak that in among the suggestions, questions and COMPLAINTS about Waymarking).

sd

editted to insert imprtant information that was implied but not clarified... (or something like that)

Edited by southdeltan

Just curious, it seems to handle the job very well.

The two "visits" on the The Leprechauns waymark seem a bit strange. Are those test posts? I'm not sure that those 2 people (this is based on the logs) bet with Lep. I'd assume one would log a "visit" when you actually had a "guided tour" ? Is that how it works? Is there even a need for a "visit" in this category? Also, what if the same person visits more than once? (some of this might be better answered in the Waymarking forum).

Either way, this looks very awesome :D

sd

I was uncertain what to do about those. They don't fit the category since I've never met either geocacher, and neither has logged finds in the Pittsburgh area. I do know both of them as fine, fine geocachers from other parts of my state.

I maybe will leave them up as "test posts" during the beta period, and eventually write to them and explain that the "visit" log means you need to actually avail yourself of my tourguide service... and not just reading my list of recommended caches. I want to talk to people, trade e-mails, drive them around, show them how to use PQ's, whatever!

But I didn't want to be deleting "finds" on the very first day of Waymarking. In three years, I've never deleted a geocache find.

You can't delete finds, but you can delete online logs :rolleyes:

These aren't finds, they're visits - and you obviously had no contact (I too would probably count email and/or phone contact with the person since you can guide them in that manner).

I'd probably do the same as you're going to do tho... and wait til the beta period is over and send them an email.

Is there a "note" function on Waymarking? I haven't attempted to log any yet.

sd

You can't delete finds, but you can delete online logs :)

These aren't finds, they're visits - and you obviously had no contact (I too would probably count email and/or phone contact with the person since you can guide them in that manner).

I'd probably do the same as you're going to do tho... and wait til the beta period is over and send them an email.

Is there a "note" function on Waymarking? I haven't attempted to log any yet.

sd

Yes, you can post a note. But you can't DNF a waymark! That will cut way back on my log volume. :rolleyes: