Letterbox - Not Multi

$hogun

Think I may have solved the mystery! :)

Our cache Restenneth seems to have changed from a multi to a letterbox!

Although this is a letterbox cache it may also be classed as a multi as you have to find information to get to the final co-ordinates. After hearing of the difficulties that another cacher had in getting a letterbox approved without the final co-ords at the top of the page, we chose to submit it as a multi and warned people on the cache page that it was also a letterbox. Lactodorum approved it as a multi.

We have another similar letterbox/multi The Storyteller. Will we have some unknown reviewer changing that to a letterbox cache too without having the courtesy to inform us so that we can change the wording on the cache page??

:):rolleyes::)

I have had a Letterbox cache pre-approved whilst final permission was forth coming (I'll be activating it after I come back from a weeks holiday next week). I only supplied parking coordinates, which is located at the entrance to the site, from there you have to find a micro with sheets containing the coords of the start point, you then follow written instructions to the final cache. All this is described on the cache page and I didn't need to supply final coordinates for it, the nearest cache is over 1.3 miles away so there is no conflict, if there are caches a lot closer, just post the coordinates of the final cache in the reviewers note section when submitting the cache, these are only seen by the reviewers and do not go onto the cache page when it go's live, this will allow them to check that there is no conflict with other caches.

Dave

Hi again - i was off for work. I didn´t realize haven misspelled the url. But somehow we must have made our way arround UK - now that you found out by yourselves. (And that is after me having logged "only" 50 caches of the 100 we did yet.)

Normaly I am not in to that changing the cache type thing as my fellow german geocachers are. On the other hand i have seen the cache page pointing out that the owner wants it to be a Letterbox. So i posted that on a pinned thread for cache-type changes in the german forum.

And THAT is why i "ended up" here.

btw - Nice caches you got there!

Thanks for a nice 2 week holiday!

$hogun