Compass Rose Geocoin

GBOTS

Pretty cool. I am curious to see how it is tracked. The site is not fantastically clear about the tracking. It says it has the Geocaching.com tracking number on it, but it does not say that it is trackable... Perhaps I am getting too wrapped up in the rhetoric.

I ordered one. I will let you know how it works.

Pretty cool. I am curious to see how it is tracked. The site is not fantastically clear about the tracking. It says it has the Geocaching.com tracking number on it, but it does not say that it is trackable... Perhaps I am getting too wrapped up in the rhetoric.

He says in the text that it is trackable on geocaching.com

Wooo-weee, the shipping is outragious... $5.60 for priority mail for 2 coins. What a rip off. No coin is worth that to me.

If any of the coin groups are going to do a bulk order, could you contact me about ordering an additional 2 or 3 coins for me?  I have PayPal.

I'll sell ya 2-3 but they're gonna cost you $8.75 each, plus the 2.9% PayPal Fee + the .30 PP Transaction Fee + $3.85 for shipping.......and that's all zero profit for me.

Wooo-weee, the shipping is outragious... $5.60 for priority mail for 2 coins. What a rip off. No coin is worth that to me.

If any of the coin groups are going to do a bulk order, could you contact me about ordering an additional 2 or 3 coins for me? I have PayPal.

Scratch this ^

f0t0m0m was nice enough to offer me some of the extras they bought :D

USA Geocoins is working with them to resell the Compass Rose geocoin for people who want to order less than 50.

We should start pre-selling them shortly and will put that information up on the USA Geocoin page and also send it out to our mailing list.

Quoted directly from website:

- They are already trackable on Geocaching.com. Each coin has its own tracking code already etched on it.

I'll admit the wording is kinda odd.. but it sounds like good ole' GC.com tracking. I wonder if this has a generic Geocoin icon or some new fangled one like the Maryland coin will have.

I used coinsandpins for the Indiana coin. This coin is a little pricier than the Indiana, but it is trackable via Groundspeak- that adds a lot to the cost, and the larger the coin, the more they run. Anyone that has an Indiana or Idaho sees the great work they do! I'll be ordering a few myself.

Edited by Team Tecmage

I have two trades in progress (you know who you are ;-)

Team Tecmage - I know you missed on my Indiana trade offer (which I got in trade from a local cacher over 1 week ago BTW). If you are going to be doing a personal coin, I'll gladly wait for that; but I'll trade for another compass coin. That'd be three, and probably the end of my offers :anibad:

I also used coinsandpins.com and have heard that folks really like my coin too :lol:

The Indiana coin is a really nice coin.

What's with all these oversized coins? Am I the only one who likes a more moderately sized coin? Maybe that just comes from collecting world coins for so long.

You must really hate Vacman's, Shydog's, GeoJeepGirl/JeepToysTUs and Germany's coins :anibad:

I happen to think 42mm (1 5/8") is a pretty good size :lol:. Apparently 1.5" had been a standard at some point though.

You must really hate Vacman's, Shydog's, GeoJeepGirl/JeepToysTUs and Germany's coins :laughing:

Actually I have a GeoJeepGirl/JeepToysRus coin and it's easily one of my favorites. It just seems a bit large. Germany is okay, too, but the others I never really wanted to get, so I can't say. I'm sure they're cool, just big. I think my absolute favorite one so far is the NWPA cachers coin that I just got, which is also larger than the "standard" coin. I've just noticed that there seems to be many more coins coming out that are of the larger sizes.

What's with all these oversized coins? Am I the only one who likes a more moderately sized coin? Maybe that just comes from collecting world coins for so long.

Personally I agree with you... mainly because I like to keep my coins in binders and the pages are made for 2"x2" holders... a 2" coin will fit but ruins the page for anything else.

I know a lot of people like airtite holders but personally nothing beats a plastic 2x2 flip holder or a standard 2x2 coin holder. Binders just make for easier viewing and storage.

With all that said I still like geocoins of any size.

I know a lot of people like airtite holders but personally nothing beats a plastic 2x2 flip holder or a standard 2x2 coin holder. Binders just make for easier viewing and storage.

I have been using a binder with baseball card holder pages. The pages are made for 9 baseball cards, and so far, have accepted even the JeepToysRus and Team Shydog coins! :D

We have a heat-sealer for our shipping here that I use to seal the coins in once I have a full row. The downside is, they tend to rotate a bit, but it sure makes an easy show and tell when I go to events!

C4

They ship out of Hong Kong (at least that's where they shiped my personal coins from). I could not be more pleased with their work.

I cannot get this coin, because it is a minimum $18.00 shipping to Canada -- a little too much for me.

So if anyone wants to trade - let me know.

Lemon Fresh:

USA Geocoins is taking pre-orders for the Compass Rose Geocoin.

The shipping there will be alot less than $18.00! :D

Just got this e-mail today...

This is to notify you that there has been a delay in the production of the Compass Rose Geocoin.  We are still awaiting the final list of tracking numbers from Groundspeak to complete the etching on the coins.  Our new estimated shipping date for your order is approximately October 4th.  We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your patience.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Coming September 25th, 2005. Order now to reserve your coins!

This is one fantastic geocoin. It is the new 2005 Compass Rose Geocoin with Geocaching.com tracking numbers already etched on them. Order now before 2005 is gone!

It features high grade hard enamel colors instead of the usual soft enamel colors. The metal surface is polished nickel.

- It measures a whopping 1.75" in diameter and 4mm thick. This coin has some weight to it!

- They are already trackable on Geocaching.com. Each coin has its own tracking code already etched on it.

- It is customizable on the front side. You can take these coins to an etching shop in the mall or a trophy shop and have whatever you want etched on them such as: your own additional tracking numbers, user names, dates, coordinates, etc. NOTE: If you want us to custom etch the coins for you, then you will need to order at least 100 coins or more. Contact us for custom orders.

- The front die is available for your own geocoin if you want to make your own custom back die. This means you can save on die costs. Please contact us for custom orders.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing about its own icon but I imagine it will, like mount10bike & german geocoins

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing about its own icon but I imagine it will, like mount10bike & german geocoins

The German coins use the generic icon for geocoins. I have no idea if the Compass Rose coin will get a unique icon like a few states (MI, MD for example) have paid to get.