2005 Washington Geocoin Update

Moun10Bike

Well, I am happy to say that the 2005 Washington Geocoins safely arrived on my doorstep yesterday! I think that people will be happy with them; the depth on the reverse side is really striking, with the mountain in the background looking like it is truly in the distance relative to the hiker and trees in the foreground.

Other good news - the geocoin ordering page is back up! So, if you have been waiting to place your orders via PayPal, things should be ready to go now.

The bad news is that I still have not heard from Seth! and do not have access to the list of orders. This means that, barring a miracle, we will not be able to get the coins sorted, labeled, packaged, etc. before I have to leave for the campout tomorrow. Hopefully that does not seriously affect anyone.

I apologize for the bumps in the road, but it looks like coins should start going out the door early next week. Thanks for everyone's patience!

COOL!!!! :blink:

One thing I'm unclear on: I ordered from you via email because I plan on picking them up at whatever event they are distributed at. I said I'd pay via paypal because I thought it would be easiest for you, but there seems to be no way to use paypal with that option. Am I missing something, or would it be better to send you a check?

One thing I'm unclear on:  I ordered from you via email because I plan on picking them up at whatever event they are distributed at.  I said I'd pay via paypal because I thought it would be easiest for you, but there seems to be no way to use paypal with that option.  Am I missing something, or would it be better to send you a check?

I ran into the same thing so just did the shipping thing because my time is becoming limited.

I sense a few WA coins landing in Alaska soon. :blink:

One thing I'm unclear on:  I ordered from you via email because I plan on picking them up at whatever event they are distributed at.  I said I'd pay via paypal because I thought it would be easiest for you, but there seems to be no way to use paypal with that option.  Am I missing something, or would it be better to send you a check?

I ran into the same thing so just did the shipping thing because my time is becoming limited.

I sense a few WA coins landing in Alaska soon. :blink:

Me too. I just paid for the extra shipping in Paypal even though I might get them hand-delivered. I think Seth told me I could get a direct 'refund' if appropriate.

But since I'm out on vacation for the next 10 days, mailing them is also fine.

Great news, Jon - thanks for the update!

COOL!!!! :P

One thing I'm unclear on: I ordered from you via email because I plan on picking them up at whatever event they are distributed at. I said I'd pay via paypal because I thought it would be easiest for you, but there seems to be no way to use paypal with that option. Am I missing something, or would it be better to send you a check?

The miracle that I said we might need may just have happened - I just got off the phone with Seth!! He is in the process of collecting and sending me the order data, and as soon as I get that I will be heading off to begin sorting the coins.

One sticking point is the activation numbers. We will not have that issue resolved before the campout. However, as long as people do not mind having the activation numbers emailed/mailed to them later, we should be able to start distributing coins ASAP.

For people who are attending the campout, your orders will be handled immediately so that we can try to get your coins to you at the event. If you have already paid via PayPal, then you are set. If you haven't paid yet, then you can pay me in person at the campout. I will have my laptop and order info there to keep track of everything.

For those who will not be attending the campout, I will set up a distribution event after the chaos of the campout is over. Shipping to those individuals who elected to have their coins shipped will commence next week after the campout.

Let me know if there is anything I need to clarify or if you have any additional questions. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! :blink:

So what's the estimated date you'll begin shipping to us mail order folks? Nice work on the coins!

I received the corrected order list from Seth! on Wednesday night and set to work on sorting the coins by order last night. It's a little slow at first because I'm am initially going through the distribution of the low-numbered coins that people won by lottery. Once I get into the consecutive batches it will go much more quickly.

Distribution consists of ordering the coins, placing a sticker with the activation code on each baggy, placing appropriate coins in a Ziploc bag assigned to each order, and then applying a sticker to the Ziploc with owner name and coin numbers contained. The Ziplocs will then be packaged up and shipped out.

I'll be going as fast as I can, but with classes, work, and a 1-year old running around the house I never seem to get as much done as I hope! :huh: I hope that people will be patient with me as I work through the list. I hope to start the first batches shipping as early as tomorrow, although I expect to get to that in earnest at the start of next week. I will be posting an updated list of what orders went out and when on my web page once that starts. I will post a link to it here.

Thanks!

Well, there's now a new snag. :anitongue:

I'm sorting coins according to the spreadsheet I was provided and am seeing a number of inconsistencies. For example, there will be someone who ordered 10 coins assigned to receive 13 and another person who ordered 8 assigned to receive 9. Sorting must now be put on hold until I can learn from the spreadsheet creator what is causing these problems.

So, your patience is once again needed and appreciated. (Mine, on the other hand, is quickly flying out the window just as these boxes of coins are about to! :unsure:)

I have asked a couple of times for the total I owe, and an address to send a check to, and who to make the check out to, but have yet to get a response.

We're going to be out of the State for most of September.....

A notice on this issue was sent out by Seth! on the geocachingwa distribution list (after I insisted he do so), but I see now that he never posted the information here.

One of the issues we have encountered during this process is that none of the mails sent through the Geocachingwa.org web site have ever made it to me. I did not know that Seth! was going to set up the ordering system that way and had I known, I would have discouraged it - there was no time to test it and the ordering was implemented just after I had left for 2 weeks on vacation and just before Seth! left for his. As a result, I was in the dark and didn't even know that anything was wrong until I got back. Incidentally, before leaving on vacation I had asked to not be the contact person for ordering for just such a reason.

If you need to place an order or pay for one, please contact me directly at Moun10Bike at gmail dot com. I also ask for patience as I try to clean up the mess that I have had dumped on me.

Edited by Moun10Bike

KF6JAX wrote:

ok, so when are the people who arent local going to get coins? are they shipping yet, soon, whats the deal, info please  :lol:

Please see the new topic.

Moun10Bike wrote:

A notice on this issue was sent out by Seth! on the geocachingwa distribution list (after I insisted he do so), but I see now that he never posted the information here.

Actually, he did that here.