Travel Bug Part Deux

Joypa

I have a question for the board. I have a TB that has been in a cachers hands for 3 1/2 months. They do not respond to my emails and have shown no activity in quite awhile. I know....boo hooo. :P My idea is to give it up for lost and replace it. I have the duplicate tag and can match the previous TB description. I could "grab" the bug back and make the duplicate and place it in a cache. The original only went 32 miles so I would not be grossly distorting the mileage. What do you think?

I am assuming that the cacher that had the bug has gone inactive. Obviously, if they rediscover the hobby, I have two of the same bug out there and that would be a problem. :blink:

Opinions please. Guidelines and rules also.

Hmmmm... A nightmare you say? Tell me more. What did you have to go through?

The main problem is that you have two TBs with the same number, so you can have the location jumping wildly.

I was involved with one that had disappeared so the owner arranged to have his copy start. So when I found the original TB it was pretty confusing. (I ended up sending TB and tag to the owner.)

Well after being gone for nearly 8 months, the ORIGINAL TB has re-surfaced! Now with the help of other fellow geocachers, beejay&esskay , we have removed the COPY from circulation, letting the ORIGINAL take over the trek north.

Rudolphs Runaway

Yes, I see the problem created if two bugs with the same tag are out there. I'd just have to be pretty sure the person who has my TB is gone for good. Looks like others have done this so I'll probably give it a try at some point....say 6 months.