Category Proposal "trail Heads"

There is a mountain biking trailheads category already.

There's hiking, biking, horse, ATV, motorcycle, 4x4, and the crazy 'goat path' option. Of the categories, many trailheads are multi-use, or have multiple trails for multiple users so they don't interact as much at varying speeds and/or directions.

I think having trailheads as a higher level category with appropriate sub-cateogory trailheads that they can be in might also prove helpful. (hope that makes sense)

I strongly agree with the trailhead addition. Can't tell you how many times I have read trail guide books and thought to myself, "finding this trail would but much easier with a stinking waypoint".

I know there are many trail guide webpages out there but many are pretty lacking. The ease of GC's database, search engine, and huge following could do wonders. You could have hiking, biking, horse, atv, and multiuse for those that offer several options.

The "every small trail / playground" arguement could be solved with something like recreational or urban trail designation.

I strongly agree with the trailhead addition. Can't tell you how many times I have read trail guide books and thought to myself, "finding this trail would but much easier with a stinking waypoint".

I know there are many trail guide webpages out there but many are pretty lacking. The ease of GC's database, search engine, and huge following could do wonders. You could have hiking, biking, horse, atv, and multiuse for those that offer several options.

The "every small trail / playground" arguement could be solved with something like recreational or urban trail designation.

I agree with everything you just said. I like the recreation/urban designation idea, too, as it's those that I often have the hardest time with and I'd hate to see them left out. Mostly it's because I don't know the trail exists to begin with (in my area there are so many trails that are simply not documented -- geocaching has helped me find ones I didn't know were there, and that neither the town, county, nor state recognizes as being in existence in it's published researchable materials.)