Geocachin Map For Garmin Unit

proeder

Hi,

I created a Garmin compatible map (like MapSource or CitySelect) with all geocaches in Europe!

You can upload this map in your Garmin GPS receiver. All models with mapping are supported. You can use MapSource or Sendmap to send the map to your GPSr. The map is transparent and is displayed on top of other maps like CitySelect, Topo or Metroguide. You can toggle the map on and off, depending on if you want to see the geocaches or not. The map uses different icons to represent the different types of geocaches. You can search for one specific type of geocache or for geocaches in general.

The map contains 26,950 geocaches and uses 1 MB or 2,5 MB depending on the version you choose.

The map looks something like this:

garmin_cache_karte4.png.

If you select a specific geocache on the map, it will look something like this:

garmin_cache_karte5.png

Currently I offer the map for Germany and Europe. But I can also create a version for other countries. I just need to have the input data. For Europe I found a place where I can download the geocache information as text files.

You can get the map and read more about it on my homepage

I am interested in your feedback: Please tell me wether you like the map, wether it worked on your GPS Unit and what type of Garmin GPS unit you have.

Patrick

Wow that is really cool. Works great. Im not in europe but i loded it on to my 60cs and it works :blink:

Had to edit Caches_eur.reg a little, to point to my garmin folder but that was real easy.

Just chekt it on my Etrex Legend Blue. Works grate on it also. :P

Edited by JDan150
Wow that is really cool.  Works great.  Im not in europe but i loded it on to my 60cs and it works :rolleyes:

Hi Dan,

very nice to hear. Glad my map works on your unit and that the installation worked fine.

Maybe I can provide a map for your region soon.

Patrick