Who Has The Most Finds?

milliamp

:P I think that would be the most find by a team. i dont believe that a single individual has made all those finds.

who is the top individual?

CCCooperAgency *IS* an individual, as far as caching goes.

An individual who often drags her husband and/or kids with her, but they don't log finds on the CCCA account.

Ill conseed then she is a super human cacher, i look back and see that there are many days when there are over 20 - 25 finds in one day. and in multiple states, yes they are near each other but they got to sleep some time, not to mention on Aug 1 she made 43 finds in one day !! :P super human i say

Trying to head off what I see as a dispute coming.

I just want to make this one statement. This game is played on an individual basis. There are no points given or any prizes awarded for being the top cache finder.

We all play this game/sport/hobby for personal satisfaction, or at least that is what we should be doing. It dosen't matter if I have 93 finds or that you have 5000 finds. My appreciation for this game and my personal accomplishments are as great as yours.

We all have different perspectives as to what makes a good cache, or even what counts as a find. Both of these perspectives are formed on a personal basis.

Play the game on your level and let others play on theirs. Neither should effect the other.

I'm not sure that quite gets my message across, but it's the best that I can do.

El Diablo

When I first started caching back in 2002 I too questioned the finds of a few "power" cachers, only because I found maybe 7 caches, at most, in one day if I was lucky. The more I got into caching the more I realize how 40-50-60...even more caches in a day is very possible, times that by a few days every week and one can quickly get a very high find count.

I think that the top cachers should be applauded instead of criticized....they are just like the rest of us but with a lot more determination, drive and free time!

And unless you have personally met any of them then I feel it is unfair to judge and assume..........we all know the old saying when you assume something.

I also think it is BAD FORM to call out a cacher on the boards.....not very cool in my book.

Edited by nickie218

...Play the game on your level and let others play on theirs. Neither should effect the other...

That would be nice if your finds didn't affect others, but they do. Many geocachers will not waste their time looking for a cache with a bunch of DNF's. But if someone comes along and logs a false find, they are in effect telling the geocaching community that the cache is there. This could result in people going after the cache and wasting their time.

I recall one geocacher who was enticed into a fruitless, 100 mile RT drive by someone who lied about finding a cache. Many others have been lured out by fake finds. Not only that, they may put additional effort into their search because "It has to be here, xxxxx found it yesterday".

Lying about finds could also fool an owner into thinking his cache is there and fine, when it actually needs to be replaced.

Trying to head off what I see as a dispute coming.

Sorry, I was not trying to start a dispute, I Just did not beleive it is possible for an individual, cache density is not that heavy around here to do that.

Congrates to CCCA :P awesome job

I am done, good night

Ill conseed then she is a super human cacher, i look back and see that there are many days when there are over 20 - 25 finds in one day. and in multiple states, yes they are near each other but they got to sleep some time, not to mention on Aug 1 she made 43 finds in one day !! :P super human i say

Sorry, I was not trying to start a dispute, I Just did not believe it is possible for an individual, cache density is not that heavy around here to do that.

I did a search based on the zip of the town listed in your profile. I eliminated multicaches and puzzle caches, and anything over a 2.5/2.5.

There are about 75 caches that fit that criteria within 15 miles of you.

I then limited it to 1.5/1.5 and lower (essentially park and grabs only) and found 115 within 25 miles of you.

I've cached with CCCA, and other mega-thousand cachers. The amount of pre-planning cachers like that do is amazing. A caching "day" for CCCA often starts around 3-4am, and runs until 10pm or later. She has every cache planned out, the route optimized to minimize the backtracking you usually end up doing if you just keep hitting "find nearest unfound" on the GPS. She has exact turn by turn directions from cache A to cache B to cache C, etc.

I'm certain an experienced cacher like that could easily find 50-100 in a day, even starting from your home coords.

I could find 50-100 close to home in a single day if I was just starting today, but not now that I've found them all...

It takes trips to other dense area to get that many hunts.

Of course some of these people have more virtuals and locationless alone than I have total caches.

Please remember...

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Thanks.