Waymarking Microbreweries

I've not seen a microbrewery yet that didn't also have a restaurant or bar right onsite, featuring their products.

Many, many microbreweries do not have a restaurant or pub attached, at least where I come from.

Here is a conundrum for you:

I have an idea for a category covering pubs & restaurants that feature an exceptionally large selection of different beers, such as Boston's Sunset Grill, which has over 100 draft brews and almost 400 more available in bottles. I haven't yet decided what the category name for this might be.

While researching the existing categories, I ran across brewpubs. My proposed category would not work as a subset of brewpubs because brewpubs are a combination brewery and restaurant, while Mega-Tap places don't make beer, but only serve it. Then I got to thinking about microbreweries and how those wouldn't fit *under* the brewpub category, but rather "beside" it (due to the fact that not all microbreweries have pubs)... and then ran across a post suggesting breweries and microbreweries belong under the category of Factories or Factory Tours (that's not where *I* would look for them, but I do follow the reasoning)...

yeesh. It certainly gets very complicated -- and this is just one minor area. I can see why Jeremy & crew are being a little cautious about rolling out categories!

btw, I LOVE the idea of a Beer Festivals category... take a look at my profile page and you'll understand why :blink: