Would This Work

I could find the waypoints and tell the reviewer where all are and put one in each mico then when you find it you pick one out open it there could be two copys of the waypoint thay would take one and drop the mico were the cache was and then hide at the waypoint

Actually a very novel idea. Do able? You'll have to ask your local admin, but it sounds like it could be fun. Mind if I steal it?

...I also don't respect people (cough...Sept1c_Tank.)  that make rude comments in the forums when it's uncalled for. Especially to a young person that is obvisously trying very hard to put together a novel cache and has asked for advice from the community.

El Diablo

FYI, I sent my buddy, geo_boy_2001, a PM just 8 minutes after my quit school--comedian joke, saying:

Just teasing. Don't quit school (a mind is a terrible thing to waste).

I also added a comment that I think he is funny. I'm sure my pal understands his limitations with the english langauge, and I don't think he is upset about our funnin' with him.

I certainly understand my linguistic limitations (they are, at best, limited); do you have a grasp of your own? :P:P

Edited by sept1c_tank
sorry, i would not hunt any of your caches. just my opinion, geo_boy, but your communication skills don't exactly inspire all the confidence in the world. i wouldn't trust you to get coordinates correct, or articulate your ideas in accurate, coherent, cache listings. these things DO matter to some people, they reflect on your attention to detail, and the level of care you put into the things you do. if you are very young, i don't mean to sound harsh and discourage you, but you could certainly learn a lot from having someone proofread your writing. i suggest you write daily notebook entries, just a paragraph or two about general stuff or your daily activities, then sit down once a week or so to proofread them yourself, and then have someone else read them and suggest ways to make corrections. hate to sound like an english teacher, but i've held my tongue long enough, and...well...i AM an english teacher.

I know I graduated high school in the last millenium but...When did they stop teaching punctuation, capitalization, sentence structure and paragraphs?

:P

[pssst, mush...

you wrote geo_boy's name incorrectly, didn't capitalize the word "english" the first time you used it, and "your posts aren't as hard to read as others" should read, "your posts aren't as hard to read as other's posts..." (common student mistake, your writing should reflect that you are comparing posts to posts, not posts to people.) three errors in six sentences--i'd say you should be careful where you get undressed at night in that glass house.]

Seriously, is your shift key broken?

NOTE: On the Internet, it really is rude to criticize people regarding the structure of their posts. This topic is a prime example. Some were nice about it, some were funny about it, others were just plain rude about it. I give geo_boy a lot of credit for hanging in there and even giving a great comeback at one point (as The Leprechauns noted above). Let's show each other some respect and give constructive criticism at best.

And let's stay on topic as well...

I have talked my reviewer and wateing for hime to get back with me about it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also wanted to know

I have alway liked halloween

I would like to do something good

maybe a walk in the woods at night with some kind of story

rateing for 16 and up cachers

just for halloween 5 day before or just on the night of 29th

fake bat falls from a tree when you open one

fake snakes jump out at you for one

and something big for the last one

any one done this befor?

have you seen any thing like this?

Edited by geo_boy_2001

Caches are required to be out for at least three months. You need to think long term. You can give it an initial theme and then change it to a regular cache. That would be fine. Just make sure the location will work for a long term cache and you can go for it. I see this done frequently around Halloween -- make it a fun theme cache and then change it to a regular "trade anything" type cache.

Caches are required to be out for at least three months. You need to think long term. You can give it an initial theme and then change it to a regular cache. That would be fine. Just make sure the location will work for a long term cache and you can go for it. I see this done frequently around Halloween -- make it a fun theme cache and then change it to a regular "trade anything" type cache.

I'm not sure what that means? Out three months? Before what? Remember, newbie here.

Gabwp

i don't mean to sound harsh and discourage you, but you could certainly learn a lot from having someone proofread your writing. i suggest you write daily notebook entries, just a paragraph or two about general stuff or your daily activities, then sit down once a week or so to proofread them yourself, and then have someone else read them and suggest ways to make corrections.

apparantly, some posters in this thread decided that assuming the position of grammar police was a more favorable position to take, rather than to allow geo_boy to focus on the CONTENT of my statement. my sole purpose was to offer a constructive means of improving his writing skills, which was important to me when i posted, as he seemed to be struggling and was being openly ridiculed in almost every thread in which he participated. thank you to those who sidetracked my efforts, you show your lack of class and intelligence very effectively. once again, flaming trolls rule the roost.

Edited by denali7

You should place a cache with the goal of staying active for at least three months. A cache that would be active for a few days or a week and is then archived would not be listed. I am very lucky that my second placed cache is still out after over four years. It still gets visits.

And you're not really a newbie. :blink::P

once again, flaming trolls rule the roost.

I hate to say it, but your right in the pack too with that post.

Drop it everyone. If you don't have anything productive to add please resist the urge to post. I read the first post until I understood it and have only addressed the question that was asked. If you don't understand the question in the topic then it would be best to move on to the next topic rather than beating up your fellow community members.

Okay, I understand now.  It's Thursday.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  So, just for fun, let's say we wanted to do a Christmas ornament cache, set it up now, work it all thru the holidays and maybe change the theme after Christmas?

Gabwp

Yes, that is exactly it!

EDIT: Understand that it is a goal to keep it out that long. As sbell111 said, sometimes it doesn't work out because of muggles, etc. My first cache disappeared in less than 7 days. I moved it .25 miles to a better spot and it stayed there for over 2 years before the NPS asked me to remove it as they rerouted the trail through there. My second cache, in contrast, is still in the same place and has been doing fine (knock on wood).

Edited by mtn-man
i don't mean to sound harsh and discourage you, but you could certainly learn a lot from having someone proofread your writing. i suggest you write daily notebook entries, just a paragraph or two about general stuff or your daily activities, then sit down once a week or so to proofread them yourself, and then have someone else read them and suggest ways to make corrections.

apparantly, some posters in this thread decided that assuming the position of grammar police was a more favorable position to take, rather than to allow geo_boy to focus on the CONTENT of my statement. my sole purpose was to offer a constructive means of improving his writing skills, which was important to me when i posted, as he seemed to be struggling and was being openly ridiculed in almost every thread in which he participated. thank you to those who sidetracked my efforts, you show your lack of class and intelligence very effectively. once again, flaming trolls rule the roost.

What do they call those big boxes where people keep hippos?

"Hippo Crates" they're called, aren't they?

:blink:

What do they call those big boxes where people keep hippos?

"Hippo Crates" they're called, aren't they?

:blink:

Drop it everyone.  If you don't have anything productive to add please resist the urge to post.  I read the first post until I understood it and have only addressed the question that was asked.  If you don't understand the question in the topic then it would be best to move on to the next topic rather than beating up your fellow community members.

I am now saying this for the fourth time in this topic. I won't say it again. If you can't follow the forum guidelines your posts may be moderated or disabled for a period of time.

I'm not saying it again. Anyone else will get one of these...

adminbrick.jpg

sould I put a prize for the ftf and for the last person to do the cache

How would you know who the last person will be?

What you could do is put a prize at each of the locations. This way, the people who move the box to the next stop will get a gift. If someone signs the log, but doesn't move it, they still get the find, but no gift.

sould I put a prize for the ftf and for the last person to do the cache

How would you know who the last person will be?

What you could do is put a prize at each of the locations. This way, the people who move the box to the next stop will get a gift. If someone signs the log, but doesn't move it, they still get the find, but no gift.

I like that idea. It really gives a decent option for someone to just find the cache or to move it on - and a reward for doing so. It also allows for the case where a person might be able to find the stash, but unable to find the following location. Kinda like providing partial credit :blink: In spite of the sidetracks, there actually is some good discussion that appears to be making an originally questionable idea something workable and unique.

sbell111 Posted on Aug 18 2005, 11:47 AM

I would leave it spelled exactly that way, also

geo_boy_2001 Posted on Aug 18 2005, 11:44 AM

"Geo_boy_2001's Most exsellant advanture?"

or the other one

That one.

It reminds me of a restaurant I ate in once in Florida. They served 'Bill & Ted's Eggsalad Adventure'.

Edited by sbell111

Once again, I agree.... this is getting worked out to the point that it is becoming a cache I would consider hunting. However, I'm going to echo some advice that has been resonating on this and 'another' thread for dang near a month now. Hide a few traditionals first--if you did indeed have 50 places for micros in your mammoth multi-cache, go to a few of them and hide traditional, single-stage caches. This serves many purposes--it adds to the caches in your area, lets you experience firsthand what cache maintenance involves, and (at this point, maybe most importantly) gets guys like me off your back that have been hounding you to hide a few caches before going forward with your creative ideas. It also gives you feedback on your hide skills while you work on finalizing your 'moving multi'--which is something I would recommend spending a good deal of time on and making sure the hide locations are good--really check them out. Would hate to have you put this much time into a cache and have it not work out well for some reason or another.