Time Frame For Conversion

How long is it taking to have our locationless caches converted to waymarks? I followed the email instructions and emailed my GC ID number yesterday, but haven't heard anything and it's not yet been converted. I'm just curious and figured others might also be curious.

Your cache as such will not be converted, except maybe for the cache description.

What you get is a new empty category ('airports') to manage. Former loggers of your AV8R cache will be informed so they can re-create their finds as waymarks if they want.

No data from geocaching.com will be migrated over to Waymarking.com. Any new waymark category will start fresh. However, we will do our best to inform previous locationless cache loggers so they can apply their log to the new Waymarking site.

Cornix

In 2 months all the locationless caches whose owners request that they get converted, get converted. If you consider we received almost 100% yes emails in the first day it will take a while to get them converted and passed on to the different users. So please be patient. I'm not saying it will take two months but you should expect 2 weeks before we get most of them sorted out.

Cool beans, Jeff! It is great to see the locationless caches start to convert over.

There is a marvelous little local airport that's right next to a Fish Commission lake a few exits north of me. You sit on top of the hill and look down upon a sweeping vista to watch the planes land and take off, then check on your fishing line. One of my favorite spots, and there's geocaches there, too. I will try to waymark it for your category and for fishin' holes the next time I'm up that way.