Submitting A Waymark

I've submitted four waymarks to the National Park Cancellation station category. They don't get approved right away which brings up the question, will we be getting emails eventually when they do get approved or are we going to have to come back and check?

Secondly, once people log our waypoints will we get email notification when they do, so we can check it out to make sure they logged it correctly?

Thirdly, what's the usual time frame from submission of a waymark to approval, or is it sort of up in the air at this point in time?

Edited by Webfoot
I've submitted four waymarks to the National Park Cancellation station category. They don't get approved right away which brings up the question, will we be getting emails eventually when they do get approved or are we going to have to come back and check?

You'll get an email. I also get an email when one is submitted. Some categories are even set up to autoapprove and I get an email when one of those is submitted too.

Secondly, once people log our waypoints will we get email notification when they do, so we can check it out to make sure they logged it correctly?

I believe so. It should be that way anyway. If it doesn't we'll find out pretty quickly.

Thirdly, what's the usual time frame from submission of a waymark to approval, or is it sort of up in the air at this point in time?

Yes. It is up in the air right now and up to the waymark category owner. We've been considering a way that there can be multiple reviewers just like we do with geocaching.com.

I've submitted four waymarks to the National Park Cancellation station category.  They don't get approved right away which brings up the question, will we be getting emails eventually when they do get approved or are we going to have to come back and check?

You'll get an email. I also get an email when one is submitted. Some categories are even set up to autoapprove and I get an email when one of those is submitted too.

I believe so. It should be that way anyway. If it doesn't we'll find out pretty quickly.

Yes. It is up in the air right now and up to the waymark category owner. We've been considering a way that there can be multiple reviewers just like we do with geocaching.com.

Just so you know, unless the emails are backlogged, I haven't received any notifications of approved waymarks for the three that have already been approved.

I've had a number of waymarks approved, and I think I've gotten e-mails for all of them.

Also logged one of my waymarks, and that gave me a notification.

Someone logged one of my waymarks, and I got a notification, but I couldn't figure out how to delete their log before they did (a database hiccup had them logging the wrong waymark).

]Someone logged one of my waymarks, and I got a notification, but I couldn't figure out how to delete their log before they did (a database hiccup had them logging the wrong waymark).

Just got another 'mis-logged' waymark. This time I found the 'archive' button very quickly. (don't know if it was there before or not)