Sub Cetegory Just Vanished

Ha! You have just been introduced to the downgrading of a waymark category and probably upset Bootron in the process (since he owns it). When people downgrade a category it ends up lower on the popularity filter. To see it again you can adjust (permanently) your popularity feature to, say , 100% to see all the categories.

Change your Popularity Filter and it will show up again.

"We offer premium users the ability to filter their waymark directory in a variety of ways. The "directory threshold" control box allows users to filter their directory based on the popularity of the waymark categories. The default setting is 100. A threshold of 0 will display all waymark categories. The higher the number, the more selective the filter."

Edit: Yeah, what Jeremy said.

Edited by WildGooseChase

Hmm... I noticed similar subcategories dissappearing. I saw a Hot Springs category earlier and was going to log the world's largest hot springs just after work today - but now I can't find the subcategory. The popularity filter is set to 100% and I even did a keyword search to no avail.

Also, I saw a NPS Cancellation subcategory on the "newest categories" list on the main page and from that I was able to see 3 listed waypoints for NPS cancellation centers, but there is no way to get to that section through the directory. I couldn't even find the "Parks" category that the subcategory was branched off of.

Are these subcategories going to arbitrarily pop in and out of internet wormholes?

As of right now, McDonald's is the lowest rated category. :) So, it won't show up unless your popularity filter is set for 100%.

Regardless of what the community may think of his waymark category, I'm sure the vast majority will agree with me that Bootron has done a terrific job in the design and programming for the new site!

Hmm... I noticed similar subcategories dissappearing. I saw a Hot Springs category earlier and was going to log the world's largest hot springs just after work today - but now I can't find the subcategory. The popularity filter is set to 100% and I even did a keyword search to no avail.

Also, I saw a NPS Cancellation subcategory on the "newest categories" list on the main page and from that I was able to see 3 listed waypoints for NPS cancellation centers, but there is no way to get to that section through the directory. I couldn't even find the "Parks" category that the subcategory was branched off of.

Are these subcategories going to arbitrarily pop in and out of internet wormholes?

You can get a complete list here: Waymark list

Funny that the Parks category is gone though!?

As of right now, McDonald's is the lowest rated category. ;) So, it won't show up unless your popularity filter is set for 100%.

Regardless of what the community may think of his waymark category, I'm sure the vast majority will agree with me that Bootron has done a terrific job in the design and programming for the new site!

Well next chance I get I'll do my best to upgrade it a bit!!! ;)

Seriously, I agree Bootron has done a fabulous job. I've never been a big locationless/virtual fan but I'm excited about waymarks.