Logging Your Own Listing As Found

Will anyone care that you log a find for a waymark you posted to the website? I know logging your own geocache has a bad stigma, but I don't think anyone will care if you log your own waymark. Provided you meet the logging requirements. Not to make an example of bootron, but they listed the Downtown Seattle 6th Avenue McDonald's and logged it as a find. So will it be an unwritten rule that it's OK to find your own waymarks?

well, since the numbers don't matter....

but this is a good question...

since the idea of this game seems to be to find the location (unlike finding an ammo box someone has hidden in the woods), I would think that adding waymarks to your own categories should be acceptable.

But, i suppose it also come down to how the 'owner' of the category? waymark? whatever the term I am looking for is, with the general affirmation of the community would decide what the 'proper' rules are.

For a category I just submitted (Ohio Cemetery Coordinate Project), I have been waypointing the location of cemeteries for the last few months, and have many cemeteries that would be ready to be listed.

So what does everyone else think?

I intend to add waymarks to my categories and log waymarks I make if it will provide useful information. If it won't provide useful information I won't. For example, if I log a waymark to my brewpub category and then later visit and find that the place changed the menu for better or worse etc. I would log that waymark to say so.

They aren't finds, they're visits. We're all working on breaking the paradigm of the geocaching.com web site. Of course you can visit waymarks and log them even if you marked them.

In many ways the visit portion of Waymarking is just an acknowledgment of the waymark and has no influence on any score. However, this does not mean we won't add on competitive features on the site. This is not geocaching and does not play by geocaching.com rules, so points can matter.

They aren't finds, they're visits.

Good distinction, Jeremy. Logging a waymark just because you see or find it is kind of lame. But actually visiting and experiencing whatever is associated with the waymark makes writing up a log worthwhile. I think Waymarking is going to bring about some new lingo and possibly change how we use terms like "visit" and "find."