Placing Caches

LiveStrong

We have done some caches where you walk out a mile in the sand to a lone tree. Nothing there and nothing to see along the way.Very boring cache. In the description for your cache you could point out something interesting along the route to the cache. Maybe a good watering hole, place for lunch or my weakness, ice cream. I say go for it.

Hello,

I found the perfect place to place a cache but there is nothing special about the area.

How does the location compare to the caches you've already found? If somebody else had placed a cache there, would you think "boy, this is a lame cache", or would you be glad they had placed it?

I don't think "special" is required for a location...just not hidden in one of a thousand old tires, for instance.

Sometimes cache hiders will compensate for a less-than-spectacular location by hiding a unique camoflaged container, or by making an evil puzzle cache instead of a simple park and grab. Thus, the cache can still be memorable, even if it lacks a stunning view, an interesting object or a history lesson. Just give me SOMETHING to make the cache worthwhile.