Category Proposal: Public Art

I like this idea, but I( would propose that this perhaps be split into two. One would be representational pieces, art that actually looks like something. The other would be abstract, art that is free-form. This sort of publci art is usually sculpture, and perhaps this could be broken down a bit further. Still, I like the general idea, especially as I was about to propose an "Abstract Sculpture" category when I saw this thread ;)

Excellent suggestion as I have an idea for one which would go into this category! However, am I not sure if separating it into abstract and non-abstract sculture would work - I say this because there may be times when it is difficult to place a sculpture into either group. The sculptures I would be thinking about placing are a group of three - one is abstract, one isn't and the other is sort-of half abstract!

excellent idea - this would provide a very useful inventory of art objects, though I reckon there would be quite a bit of discussion as to what actually consitutes art.

For example, we have a nice bronze mural on the side of our local supermarket. Art? Probably yes. Also some carved trees in a local park. Art?? I guess . . .