Category Proposal: Privies

Proposed title: Outhouses -- May I Have Some Privicy, Please

A waymark must provide the location and a picture of an old fashioned privy. Porta potties don’t count. It has to be in a permanent or at least semipermanent location. I wanted to say it has to be a wooden privy, then I realized she may be built like a brick . . . err, outhouse. Pictures must show inside – either the door must be open or you shoot the moon. State the hole count in your waymark -- I’ve never seen one larger than a four-holer. And you get a super bonus if someone’s appropriately seated.

============================

Is this how a proposal is supposed to be done?

Edited by Thot

see...

Categories

How should I name my category?

You want to name your category in a way that clearly describes the waymarks contained within it. Try to avoid puns and plays on words. If your category represents lighthouses, you wouldn’t want to call it “Light My Way”. The better choice would be simply “Lighthouses”. Waymarks, not categories, are better suited for creative titles.

here

FAQ

see...

Categories

How should I name my category?

You want to name your category in a way that clearly describes the waymarks contained within it. Try to avoid puns and plays on words. If your category represents lighthouses, you wouldn’t want to call it “Light My Way”. The better choice would be simply “Lighthouses”. Waymarks, not categories, are better suited for creative titles.

here

FAQ

Try to avoid puns and plays on words. If your category represents lighthouses, you wouldn’t want to call it “Light My Way”. The better choice would be simply “Lighthouses”.

Thanks for the guidance.

I have revised the title (wondering if subtitles are accepted)

I like it, but on a more practical note, it might do better as a sub-category of general outhouses.

I'm thinking of those times when you're driving along the highway and really have to go. Do I wait and try to find the next 'rest' stop, or does that tree need watering...

I like it, but on a more practical note, it might do better as a sub-category of general outhouses.

I'm thinking of those times when you're driving along the highway and really have to go. Do I wait and try to find the next 'rest' stop, or does that tree need watering...

You mean all restrooms? Seems a bit to general/ubiquitous.

You mean all restrooms? Seems a bit to general/ubiquitous.

I'm not thinking that they would be difficult to find, I'm just thinking of practicality of having the listing... (I'd download it for sure)

Although a nice listing of all rest areas along the interstates would be nice. Especially to know whether or not they even have restrooms and if they are generally clean, have intersting things to see, etc.

For example, try driving along I-20 and then 59 through Mississippi in the middle of the night-there ARE no places to go potty!! :) And yet Mississippi has one of the nicest rest areas I've ever seen at the first exit on I-10 from LA, the one near Stennis Space Center!! :)

I think the proposer is thinking small, one person, hand built, custom one of a kind outhouses (pivies, biffies).

Public washrooms would sure be handy but I don't think this is what they're proposing...

Maybe a new category?

I agree, this is what the original poster was proposing, but I think it fits better as a sub-category of 'general outhouses'. I was under the perhaps mistaken impression that you could have sub-categories of sub-categories, or is that just not the case?

I think the proposer is thinking small, one person, hand built, custom one of a kind outhouses (pivies, biffies).

Public washrooms would sure be handy but I don't think this is what they're proposing...

Maybe a new category?

I agree, this is what the original poster was proposing, but I think it fits better as a sub-category of 'general outhouses'. I was under the perhaps mistaken impression that you could have sub-categories of sub-categories, or is that just not the case?

Makes sense to me...

Washrooms:Public:Highway

Washrooms:Public

Washrooms:Outhouses

Washrooms:Outhouses:On Mountains <_<

Tell you the truth I can't think of a more deserving category for a Waymark than this one!

WHEN YOU GOTTA GO, YOU GOTTA GO!

Since I can no longer edit the proposal I guess I ammend it with Replies?

I assume this Catagory falls under:

Places | Buildings

"A building is a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place."

Another possibility is:

Things | Structures

A structure is a thing constructed; a complex construction or entity. Not a building.

It seems to fit the titles of this grouping (subdirectory?), but not the definition in that it is not complex.

Edited by Thot